There's no denying the fact that a huge portion of this country is feeling distraught following 2016. However, that doesn't mean everyone should give up hope in a better future — in fact, it means that we all need to focus on staying positive and vigilant to help inspire change in 2017. If you need some inspiration, here are a few quotes that will make you hopeful for 2017. No matter how grim the future may be looking, you should not ever give up.
The United States is extremely divided at this moment in history thanks to the 2016 election results — perhaps more divided than it has ever been before. However, it does not always have to be this way, and the best way to move forward is with love and hope for the future. These quotes won't solve all of our problems, but they will point us in the right direction.
Take some time to read through them all and get motivated for 2017. The future is ours, and that's a lot of responsibility. Make sure you know how to handle it, and never, for any reason, give up your hope for a brighter tomorrow.
1. "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope." — Maya Angelou
2. "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." — Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. "I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something." — Neil Gaiman
4. "There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope." — Bernard Williams
5. "Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." — Robert Kennedy
6. "Keep all special thoughts and memories for lifetimes to come. Share these keepsakes with others to inspire hope and build from the past, which can bridge to the future." — Mattie Stepanek
7. "Imagine all the people living life in peace.You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one." — "Imagine," John Lennon
8. "I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death." — Robert Fulghum
9. "It is often when night looks darkest, it is often before the fever breaks that one senses the gathering momentum for change, when one feels that resurrection of hope in the midst of despair and apathy." — Hillary Clinton
10. "At the end of the day, we must go forward with hope and not backward by fear and division." — Jesse Jackson
11. "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." — Albert Einstein
12. "Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future." — Robert H. Schuller