Get ready to celebrate, because Monday, Mar. 20 marks the first day of spring! That's right, the seemingly endless winter is finally coming to an end (allegedly, anyway — it's still pretty cold where I am), and to help you relish in that fact, I've rounded up 12 spring quotes to share with your friends and family. The authors of these quotes are just as eclectic as the words of wisdom themselves, because as it turns out, a lot of people have a lot of things to say about one of the most beloved seasons!
These spring quotes comment on all of the wonders of the spring time, from the blossoming flowers to the sense of a "new beginning" that inevitably takes over the air. The physical seasons of the planet are extremely symbolic of the seasons we have in life, and spring is always a much-needed reminder that after every rough patch, hope for a brighter tomorrow waits around the corner.
Whether you feel like sending a text, a card, or a direct message, these quotes should be shared. Everybody can benefit from the beauty of spring and what it represents, so make sure you take the time to share some of these thoughtful quotes before the day is over. Enjoy the spring while you have it, because the next thing you know, a scorching hot summer could be knocking on your door.
1. "Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come." — Robert H. Schuller
2. "In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." — Margaret Atwood
3. "It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the spring, who reaps a harvest in the autumn." — B. C. Forbes
4. "I am going to try to pay attention to the spring. I am going to look around at all the flowers, and look up at the hectic trees. I am going to close my eyes and listen." — Anne Lamott
5. "Unless a tree has borne blossoms in spring, you will vainly look for fruit on it in autumn." — Walter Scott
6. "The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created spring." — Bernard Williams
7. "Spring won't let me stay in this house any longer! I must get out and breathe the air deeply again." — Gustav Mahler
8. "No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn." — Hal Borland
9. "In the spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours." — Mark Twain
10. "I believe in process. I believe in four seasons. I believe that winter's tough, but spring's coming. I believe that there's a growing season. And I think that you realize that in life, you grow. You get better." — Steve Southerland
11. "You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming." — Pablo Neruda