There's nothing in the world that's quite like being a dad, and these super sweet Father's Day quotes for 2017 perfectly capture that sentiment. Nick Lachey, Mike Myers, and Kid Rock are just some of the famous faces that lend quotes to this roundup, sharing all the joys of fatherhood. If you want to know what it feels like to be a dad, then these quotes will help to explain it. Simply put, it's a purely magical experience.
This Sunday, June 18, make sure you take the time to celebrate your father. Dads do a lot for us, even when we don't realize it, and one day a year isn't nearly enough time to spend appreciating them — but it's a start. Whether it's taking him on a trip, getting him a cool new gadget, or simply sending a card that expresses how much you love him, be sure to do something for dad this Father's Day.
Need a reminder of how special you are to him? These quotes should do the trick. Take a read, wipe your tears (because there really are few things as beautiful and heart-melting as fatherhood is), and then get to celebrating. Dad deserves it.
1. "Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back and taught me how to be a better person." — Naveen Jain
2. "A good father believes that he does wisely to encourage enterprise, productive skill, prudent self-denial, and judicious expenditure on the part of his son." — William Graham Sumner
3. "It's an ongoing joy being a dad." — Liam Neeson
4. "I would want my legacy to be that I was a great son, father and friend." — Dante Hall
5. "To me, having kids is the ultimate job in life. I want to be most successful at being a good father." — Nick Lachey
6. "I would love to be a father. I had a great father who taught me how gratifying that is. I'm not going to deny myself that. I think I'd be good at it. Everybody wants that experience. I definitely do." — Mike Myers
7. "Being a father helps me be more responsible... you see more things than you've ever seen." — Kid Rock
8. "Until you have a son of your own... you will never know the joy, the love beyond feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son." — Kent Nerburn
9. "To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter." — Euripides
Images: Caleb Jones/Unsplash