The 'Once Upon A Time: The Musical Episode' Soundtrack Is Already Available For Repeat Listening
How has it taken so long for Once Upon A Time, the show that mashes up all your favorite Disney movies and fairy tale stores, to do to a musical episode? Not that anybody’s complaining about the fact that Season 6 of the hit ABC series will finally feature some original tunes — quite the opposite. In fact, fans have been begging for years and now it’s actually happening. So, OUAT-ers are going to want to know where the Once Upon A Time musical soundtrack will be available to download — so the songs can live forever, even after the episode ends.
If you’re the type of person who inhales a musical’s soundtrack before you actually get tickets to see the production, then you’re in luck: You’ll be able to do the same thing for Once Upon A Time. While the musical episode won’t premiere until its regular airtime on Sunday, 8 p.m. ET, Entertainment Weekly reported that the eight-track album was released on iTunes on Friday, May 5.
But that's not all! Entertainment Weekly also published the full tracklist for the OUAT musical, and, judging from these song titles, the episode already sounds like a total blast:
- "Powerful Magic" — Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas
- "The Queen Sings" — Lana Parrilla, Lee Arenberg, Tony Amendola, Beverly Elliott, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas
- "Love Doesn't Stand a Chance" — Lana Parrilla, Lee Arenberg, Tony Amendola, Beverly Elliott, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas
- "Revenge Is Gonna Be Mine" — Colin O'Donoghue, pirates
- "Wicked Always Wins" — Rebecca Mader
- "Charmings vs. Evil Queen" — Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Lana Parrilla
- "Emma's Theme" — Jennifer Morrison
- "A Happy Beginning" — Jennifer Morrison, Colin O'Donoghue, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Lana Parrilla, Rebecca Mader, Jared Gilmore, Once Upon a Time: The Musical Episode Chorus
Songwriting duo Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner are no stranger to writing for princesses, by the way; they also created a musical sequel to Cinderella called Twice Charmed that’s performed on Disney cruise line ships. For this episode they also worked with show composer Mark Isham to create lyrics to “Emma’s Theme,” which has been a staple of the show since the very beginning.
Speaking of Emma, this episode won’t just be a musical — it’ll also be a wedding, because Emma and Hook are finally tying the knot. Of course, if this preview of Hook’s big showstopping number is any indication, it’s not going to be smooth sailing to get to that point, as the upcoming nuptials will prompt everyone to recall a time when Snow White accidentally cast a spell that made everybody sing their problems. Hey, it worked for Buffy The Vampire Slayer, didn’t it?
Anyone getting kind of a Queen’s “Somebody To Love” vibe from this song? In any case, it’s catchy as heck — and best of all, you won’t have to wait until Sunday to start playing it on repeat.