These 'S-Town' Memes & Jokes Will Make Your New Podcast Obsession Even Better
If you live for This American Life, spent sleepless nights listening to episodes of Serial back to back, you're doubtless just as psyched to get started with S-Town. And who could blame you? If you enjoy things like I enjoy things, then these S-Town memes and jokes are going to make your marathoning experience even better. Hosted by This American Life producer Brian Reed, he first stumbled on the story when a listener, John, emailed in about a man in his town who had been bragging about getting away with a murder. The subject line for his email? "John B McLemore lives in Sh*ttown Alabama." No wonder Reed was intrigued.
He started investigating three years ago, and things got weird pretty quickly — but no spoilers, because this only just came out. All you need to know is that some of the most prestigious people in podcasts are behind it, including Serial co-creator Julia Synder (who executive-produced), not to mention big names on its editorial team like longtime This American Life host Ira Glass and Serial host Sarah Koenig. So was it as good as the hype led us to believe? Let these memes whet your appetite for the podcast feast that you're encountering right now.
1. Because Clocks Are Key
2. Because It's Going To Be Like A Southern Gothic Novel
3. When You Need A New Podcast To Get Addicted To
5. Like Really, Really Hard In The Feels
6. But Could 'S-Town' Have Dangerous Effects On Society As We Know It?
7. It May Change You Forever
8. It'll Tide You Over Until One Of The Year's Biggest Reboots
9. You're Intrigued And You Can't Help Yourself
10. Because Podcasts Come And Go, But MailChimp Is Forever
11. Episode 2 Might Be The Most Popular One
12. When Hollywood Comparisons Are Par For The Course
13. Because The Euphemisms Are All That And More
Given that all of the three people cited above are/were gay, presumably this is a euphemism for being LGBTQ?
S-Town's got the whole of Twitter a-buzz and it's only going to be a matter of time before you join them. Resistance is futile. Cancel your plans for tonight and get listening. After all, the worst spoilers are water cooler spoilers.