Need some reading material this Feb. 18? These 11 quotes for National Drink Wine Day should come in handy. As it turns out, there are quite a few people who have opinions on wine. Seriously, from Benjamin Franklin and Lord Byron to Rumi and Napoleon Bonaparte, you'll find a wide range of names within this roundup of wine quotes below.
For those of us of legal drinking age, it's hard to think of a more perfect moment than coming home on a Friday evening, sitting down on the couch, putting on your sweats, taking off your bra, turning on whatever your favorite show is, and of course, popping the cork from a brand new bottle of your favorite vino. Mmmm, can you imagine it? There's nothing better.
While you don't really ever need an excuse to enjoy a delicious glass of wine, you certainly have one on National Drink Wine Day. After all, you're just helping to celebrate the national agenda, right? Go grab a glass and fill her up, because you're going to want to be sipping on something tasty while you read through these 11 quotes. Cheers!
1. "Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy." — Benjamin Franklin
2. "Drinking good wine with good food in good company is one of life’s most civilized pleasures." — Michael Broadbent
3. "Wine cheers the sad, revives the old, inspires the young, makes weariness forget his toil." — Lord Byron
4. "We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine." — Eduardo Galeano
5. "Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle." — Paulo Coelho
6. "I cook with wine; sometimes I even add it to the food" — W.C. Fields
7. "Age is just a number. It’s totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine." — Joan Collins
8. "Wine to me is passion. It’s family and friends. It’s warmth of heart and generosity of spirit. Wine is art. It’s culture. It’s the essence of civilization and the art of living." — Robert Mondavi
9. "Either give me more wine or leave me alone." — Rumi
10. "Nothing makes the future look so rosy as to contemplate it through a glass of Chambertin." — Napoleon Bonaparte
11. "Like human beings, a wine’s taste is going to depend a great deal on its origins and its upbringing." — Linda Johnson-Bell