12 Friendship Quotes To Celebrate Friendship Day And That Wonderful Person You Call Your BFF
Your mom may not want to hear about the horrible date you went on last weekend, or about how hungover you were at spin class this morning, or about that weird pimple you popped while waiting in line for the bus today, but your best friend does — and because of this, she needs to be celebrated. The first Sunday in August is internationally recognized as Friendship Day, and while you and your bestie probably have a few classic inside jokes to throw at each other in celebration, here are some tried-and-true friendship quotes to trade when you're looking for something a tad more sentimental. After all, you can never have too much to say when it comes to telling your BFF how much you love her.
As it turns out, a lot of people have had great things to say about friendship over the years — although this is hardly a surprise, when you think about how great of a gift friendship truly is. A best friend is someone who knows you to your core, and still decides to hang out with you anyway, and if you ask me, that's pretty freaking spectacular. But why should you take my word for it? Instead, check out what famous figures have had to say about friendship through the years. Send one of these quotes to your BFF, or simply shoot her a kissy-face emoji text. Either way, just make sure she knows you are thinking about her, especially today.
1. “True love is an acceptance of someone else for who they are.” — Tom Hiddleston
2. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
3. "I have an amazing group of people around me. I surround myself with ‘no’ people. They will tell me, ‘Stop doing that’ or ‘You look terrible’ — honest, real people.” — Jennifer Lawrence
4. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too?! I thought I was the only one.’” — C.S. Lewis
5. “Only hang around people that are positive and make you feel good. Anybody who doesn’t make you feel good, kick them to the curb." — Amy Poehler
6. "There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends." ― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
7. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
8. "It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter." — Marlene Dietrich
9. "Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies." — Aristotle
10. "My definition of a friend is somebody who adores you even though they know the things you're most ashamed of." — Jodie Foster
11. "All you need to do to be my friend is like me." — Taylor Swift
12. “Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” — Sarah Dessen, Someone Like You
Images: Pixabay; Giphy (6)