If you are a diehard fan of HBO's epic series Game of Thrones, then you've probably spent more time online looking for clues about the show and digging up theories from the books than you care to admit. Game of Thrones is a complex narrative about power, family and deception: The show follow powerful families as they fight to the death for the coveted Iron Throne and to be the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. As a GoT fan, I've spent a few episodes cowering in a corner trying desperately to both seek out and look away from the screen. Showrunners David Benioff and D. B. Weiss seem to take a great deal of pleasure in shocking their audience, and quite frankly, I'm not sure how I've lasted this long.
Despite all of the gore, terror, violence and mystery on the show, though, I must admit that it's the amazing dialogue that keeps me coming back for more. From Cersei Lannister's scheming commands to Lord Petyr Baelish's serpent-like murmurings, the words on GoT are often more powerful than the actions. Game of Thrones, will go down in history as one of the most iconic television shows of all time, so, if you're a true fan, you should be able to recognize certain quotes.
Take this quiz to prove you’re as committed to the citizens of Westeros as they are to claiming the Iron Throne.
1. “Of all the ways I’d kill you, _____ would be the last.”
A. Stabbing B. Poison C. Drowning D. Smothering
2. "It is rare to meet a Lannister who shares my enthusiasm for dead ______."
A. StarksB. BoltonsC. LannistersD. Targaryens
3. "_____ as good a thing as any to keep a person going. Better than most."
A. Hate'sB. Power'sC. Freedom'sD. Change's
4. "_____ are born of passion, aren't they? We don't despise them in Dorne."
A. KingsB. QueensC. BastardsD. White Walkers
5. "If you ever call me ____ again, I'll have you strangled in your sleep."
A. SisterB. QueenC. FriendD. Cersei
6. "You’re mine. Mine, as I’m yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first we’ll _____."
A. LiveB. FightC. WeepD. Watch The Bachelor
7. "A dragon is not a _____."
A. SlaveB. PetC. MonsterD. Toy
8. "All my life men like you have sneered at me. And all my life I've been knocking men like you into the ______."
A. AbyssB. DustC. GroundD. Rocks
9. "I learned how to ____ a long time ago."
A. LiveB. FightC. DieD. Mourn
10. "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you ____."
A. DieB. LoseC. ParishD. Suffer
1. Mance Rayder: “Of all the ways I’d kill you, poison would be the last.” (B)
2. Oberyn Martell: "It is rare to meet a Lannister who shares my enthusiasm for dead Lannisters." (C)
3. Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: "Hate's as good a thing as any to keep a person going. Better than most." (A)
4. Oberyn Martell: "Bastards are born of passion, aren't they? We don't despise them in Dorne." (C)5. Cersei Lannister: "If you ever call me sister again, I'll have you strangled in your sleep."(A)
6. Ygritte: "You’re mine. Mine, as I’m yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first we’ll live." (A)
7. Daenerys Targaryen: "A dragon is not a slave." (A)
8. Lady Brienne of Tarth: "All my life men like you have sneered at me. And all my life I've been knocking men like you into the dust." (B)
9. Ned Stark "I learned how to die a long time ago." (C)
10. Cersei Lannister 'When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die." (A)
If you got more than five right, congratulations — Game Of Thrones hasn't defeated you yet.
Images: Helen Sloan/HBO (1) Giphy (4)