12 College Quotes To Get You Excited To Go Back To School
If you haven't started back at school yet, your "welcome week" is probably just around the corner — which means you need some college quotes to get you feeling pumped, ASAP. College is a magical place, and if you haven't yet had that realization yet, these 12 quotes should help. There is obviously a huge educational benefit to getting a degree, but as some of these quotes will demonstrate, there's a lot more too schooling than merely earning your credentials.
College represents a special time in anybody's life, as it situates itself snuggly between the time in your life when you're being considered a child, and the time in your life when you're entering the "real world" as an adult — so make the most of it. The next four years are yours for the taking. Pick out classes you're actually interested in, make new friends with interests that are all over the board, and most importantly, get an education. You can only go to college once, and trust me, once you've been handed your degree and kicked off the campus, there are definitely some things you are seriously going to miss. From Tom Petty to Plato, here is some knowledge from a wide variety of sources — take it in, and get pumped. These next four years will be over before you know it.
1. "The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future in life." — Plato
2. "With every book, you go back to school. You become a student. You become an investigative reporter. You spend a little time learning what it's like to live in someone else's shoes." — John Irving
3. "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." — Benjamin Franklin
4. "What's amazing is, if young people understood how doing well in school makes the rest of their life so much more interesting, they would be more motivated." — Bill Gates
5. "Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself." — John Dewey
6. “I've learned one thing, and that's to quit worrying about stupid things. You have four years to be irresponsible here, relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember the time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So stay out late. Go out with your friends on a Tuesday when you have a paper due on Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does...” — Tom Petty
7. “Every year, many, many stupid people graduate from college. And if they can do it, so can you.” — John Green
8. “I think my degrees in theology and psychology qualified me for nothing, but probably prepared me for everything.” — Brooke Bida
9. "Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom." — George Washington Carver
10. “College is the best time of your life. When else are your parents going to spend several thousand dollars a year just for you to go to a strange town and get drunk every night?” — David Wood
11. "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." — Nelson Mandela
12. "Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow." — Anthony J. D'Angelo
Image: Pixabay; Giphy (4)