4 Excuses To Rock Head To Toe Athleisure That Absolutely Do Not Involve Going To The Gym
I'll be the first to admit that shopping for athletic clothing can be way more fun than actual exercise. Sure, being active, taking new classes, and hitting the gym feels great, but athletic gear has just gotten so good that I want to wear it all the time — even when I'm not breaking a sweat. For a long time, yoga pants, sports bras, and sneakers leaned decidedly toward function over fashion. If you were looking for a non-baggy athletic tee, kicks to match your outfit, or a cute sports bra that came in an actual bra sizes, you were out of luck. Now, whether you're browsing your favorite high-end department store or your local mall, "athleisure" pieces are literally everywhere.
While a lot of this stuff can be worn to work out, these pieces are styled to take you from the locker room to brunch, and everywhere in between. The best part is that you can pair athletic separates with your favorite casual staples. Sporty bralette with a high-waisted skirt? Joggers with heels? It's all fair game.
It's not too often that clothing engineered for comfort and mobility finds a place at the height of fashion, but athleisure has done just that — and we're going to hold onto it for as long as we can. From your favorite style bloggers and supermodels (hello, Kendall Jenner at the airport) to everyday girls on the street, this trend has the rare ability to complement anyone's personal style. We've teamed up with Victoria's Secret PINK to show you the best excuses to rock the athleisure look right now.
This post is sponsored by Victoria's Secret PINK .
1. When You're Hitting The Airport At 6 A.M., But Still Trying To Channel Gigi Hadid
1. adidas By Stella McCartney Hat, $30, adidas ; 2. Varsity Crew, Victoria's Secret PINK; 3. Wildfox Steff Deluxe Sunglasses, $179, Shopbop; 4. Raw Edge Jersey Tank Top By Boutique, $38, Topshop; 5. Marc By Marc Jacobs Domo Arigato Mini Packrat Color Block Backpack, $178, Bloomingdales; 6. Ultimate Yoga Colorblock Leggings, $59.95, Victoria's Secret PINK ; 7. Dark Forest Bottle, $35, S'well; 8. ZX Flux W, $100, adidas
2. When You're Going On A Cold-Pressed Juice Run (Down The Block)
1. Ultimate Racerback Push-Up Bra, $39.95 - $41.95, Victoria's Secret PINK ; 2. Premiums Essentials Washed Tee, $40, adidas; 3. Sporty Pajama Hoodie, $40, Topshop; 4. Auxiliary Mini Chromy Backpack, $225, Aritzia; 5. Skinny Collegiate Pant, $49.95 - $54.95, Victoria's Secret PINK ; 6. Marc By Marc Jacobs X-Up Watch, $120, Bloomingdales; 7. Nike Women's Air Max 1, $120, Bloomingdales
3. When You're Power-Shopping Through Mid-Season Sales
1. Wilfred Free Agdal T-Shirt, $50, Aritzia; 2. Talula Wiltona Tank, $9.99, Aritzia; 3. Nova Jacket, $278, Rebecca Minkoff; 4. Gym Sack, $18, Nike; 5. Limited Edition Gym Pan, $54.95 - $79.95, Victoria's Secret PINK ; 6. Ultimate Racerback Push-Up Bra, $39.95 - $41.95, Victoria's Secret PINK ; 7. Match Basic Sports Lo, $52, Puma
4. When You're Parading Your Dog Through The Park As If You've Just Gotten Your Whole Life Together
1. Salt And Pepper Hat, $32, American Apparel; 2. Ultimate Deep Zip, Victoria's Secret PINK; 3. Community Archimedes Tank, $22.50, Aritzia; 4. Michael Kors Wyatt Watch, $275, Shopbop; 5. Ultimate Gym Pant, $64.95, Victoria's Secret PINK ; 6. 32oz T1 Flow Swoosh Water Bottle, $16, Nike; 7. Subway Tote, $255, Rebecca Minkoff; 8. adidas Originals Tubular Runner Primeknit Sneaker, $150, Urban Outfitters