11 Of The Creepiest Things Celebrities Have Ever Said
My favorite holiday, Halloween, is right around the corner and I am ready for fall weather, horror film marathons, and planning my costume. Naturally, in the spirit of the season, I have been drawn a little more to the ~dark side~ including browsing the creepypasta sub-Reddit and spooking myself out because that's just something I oddly love to do. Sometimes real life and the people in it, including celebrities, can be just a weird as the supernatural and beyond, so I thought it would be fun to round up some of the creepiest things that celebs have ever said.
Celebrities are kind of strange people as a given, considering the bizarre nature of being in the public eye constantly and the pressures that come with it. They are usually artists and creative types who tend to the let their imaginations run away with them, meanwhile leaving many of us with many questions and concerns. Plenty of celebs have acted out in weird ways and said plenty of strange things, so here are only some of the creepiest quotes by celebrities that prove many of them are on another level entirely.
1. "My placenta. My mom found in my basement, crushed up, and made into a necklace that I wear every day to improve my psychic abilities.” — Kesha
Kesha was asked about her favorite things for Spin, and well, this was interesting.
2. "When they're in the stomach, they're so aware, putting all their bones together, putting all their ligaments together. But they're shocked by this harsh world." — Willow Smith
Willow and Jaden Smith gave a very wild interview to the New York Times about perception, reality, and how babies are born.
3. "I love the smell of diapers. I even like when they’re wet and you smell them all warm like a baked good." — Sarah Jessica Parker
When Parker just had her twins via surrogate, she told Elle the kind of things you only tell you best friend. In private.
4. “I exude energy, dead entities cling to me. I had a spirit follow me into my house... Things were flying off the shelf. So my healer, she had to literally give me an exorcism. I know that sounds crazy, but it worked." — Kesha
5. "I used to have a folder called “Demons” that had pictures with all the screencaps in it, but then weird things started happening to me so I deleted it." — Ariana Grande
The pop princess shared with Complex about her many encounters with the dark side, some of which took place through her computer. Who woulda thunk?
6. “They’re not prosthetics. They’re my bones. They come out when I’m inspired. They’ve always been inside of me, but I have been waiting for the right time to reveal to the universe who I truly am.” — Lady Gaga
When asked about her facial and shoulder prosthetics, Gaga told Harper's Bazaar that her sharp bones were a real part of her. Cool.
7. "The first series, I did do a couple of things to try to get inside [his mind]. On the tube, which is our underground system... I, like, followed a woman off the train one day to see what it felt like to pursue someone like that... It felt kind of exciting, in a really sort of dirty way." — Jamie Dornan
During a chat with L.A. Times, Dornan shared his experience with "method acting" but I can't help but feel a little uncomfortable at a man doing this for work considering the woman could have noticed and been afraid. At least he admitted that he wasn't proud of himself.
8. "She thought it would be interesting and romantic if we took a little razorblade and sliced our fingers, smeared a little blood on these lockets... From that we were wearing quart jars of blood around our necks... And we were vampires and we lived in a dungeon." — Billy Bob Thornton
Thornton opened up to film students at Loyola Marymount University when he was asked about his and Angelina Jolie's infamous blood vial necklaces. To be honest, this is exactly how I imagined their relationship to be.
9. "Please send me a message in a bottle or tied to a pigeon or even to the neck of my white hen, speckled jim, who disappears every night and I think must live nearer your windows tonight than ours...sleep very well." — Tilda Swinton
Swinton's bizarre GQ interview was full of wonderful gems, but my favorite was the quote above, which is from an email she sent to the writer. Even better, when the writer tried to respond, he got this away message: "Hello, I am away until 01/01/2070 and am unable to read your message."
10. "I love ghosts. I actually think that Sonny makes a light go on. I have a beautiful chandelier that he makes the light go on when it is impossible, there is no power on. I love ghosts, I prefer ghosts to some people." — Cher
Cher had a Reddit AMA and offered this lovely gem of her great relationship with the supernatural.
11. "My house in Texas is so ridiculously haunted... I’ve had a medium come over and ghost hunters, and they both told me the same name, Emily... When I was 3 years old my mom caught me talking to something by myself. She asked, 'Who are you talking to?' and I said, 'My best friend Emily.'"
Demi Lovato wrote a blog on BuzzFeed detailing a few of her experiences with the paranormal, and she seems very comfortable with the idea of it.
I don't know about you, but for me it's comforting to know that even the biggest celebrities have a little connection with the other side. We're all a little weird sometimes.