‘Chip N Dale’ With Real Chipmunks Left Me With These 23 Thoughts — VIDEO
In November of 1990, an animated series about rodents who wear sweet outfits and solve crimes hopped aboard a bleach bottle plane and flew into the sunset one final time. Yeah, your math is correct: The great cartoon that was Chip ’n Dale: Rescue Rangers drew to a close almost a quarter of a century ago. As a tribute to this show's legacy, the good folks at Disney's Oh My Disney blog rounded up some real chipmunks, some action figures, a plush alligator toy, and a miniature Ranger Plane and remade the Chip ’n Dale: Rescue Rangers opening credits segment (h/t E! Online). That's right, a live action shot-for-shot remake of the series' theme song now exists. And yes, it is a bee-yoot.
I took a lot of very important notes while I watched this video. Here are the most important of said important notes:
- No bomber jacket for Chip? No button-down for Dale? Oh. Is that so? OK, then.
- On second thought, these chipmunks are stars with or without the costumes.
- Look at those chipmunks hit their marks!
- Look at those chipmunks find their light!
- Look at those chipmunks nail the blocking!
- Those chipmunks are so professional.
- I wonder what chipmunk craft services looks like.
- I’m picturing a miniature table covered in miniature bowls of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and banana chips.
- Speaking of food, one of the chipmunks is noshing on something. I am not ready.
- Here’s a fun fact about me: I lose my mind any time I watch a rodent eat.
- Just look at him stuffing his cheeks with food kernels. JUST LOOK AT HIM.
- HOW ARE RODENTS SO CUTE WHEN THEY EAT?
- AHHHHHHH A CHIPMUNK IS STANDING ON ITS HIND LEGS AND PAWING AT THE SKY THIS IS THE BEST VIDEO ON THE PLANET.
- HNNNNNGHHHH NOW A CHIPMUNK IS EATING GRAPES FROM A HAMMOCK THIS IS TOO MUCH.
- I can’t move my body.
- I am happy to report that I still know the ch-ch-ch-chorus by heart.
- Did that Gadget toy use an entire bottle of Sun-In?
- Hey remember the miniature hammock from a few seconds ago? Still not over it.
- I’ve been so fixated on the chipmunks that I didn’t even notice the Zipper figurine twirling around from a piece of fishing wire until just now. Oh my god.
- The Award For Best Use Of Fishing Wire In A Short Film goes to…
- This remake really nailed the scene with the giant dog.
- I wonder how many takes it took to get the shot of the chipmunk punching that skeleton.
- I’m going to guess it only took one take. Like I said, these chipmunks old pros.
As obsessed as I am with those chipmunks, Zipper and his fishing wire might run away with the entire video.
Man. I miss Rescue Rangers. Why don't I have this show on DVD? Well, now I know what's going to be at the top of my Christmas list this year.
Image: Disney Channel