Bleachers' 'Terrible Thrills Vol. 2' Cover Album Is Reminiscent Of These 11 Well-Curated Soundtracks
Are you a fan of Ryan Adams' 1989 cover album? The project is his interpretation of Taylor Swift's fifth studio album and has been making headlines because it's totally amazing. Now take this concept and flip it through the perspective of Swift's friend and collaborator, Jack Antonoff. I give you: Bleachers’ Terrible Thrills Vol. 2 , which is their debut album Strange Desire as covered by stars like Sia and Charli XCX.
PopJustice reports that Terrible Thrills Vol. 2 contains 11 tracks as interpreted by different artists. There's contributions from singers such as Tinashe, Elle King, and Natalie Maines. Here's the full track list:
1. "Wild Heart" (feat. Sara Bareilles)
2. "Rollercoaster" (feat. Charli XCX)
3. "Shadow" (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen)
4. "I Wanna Get Better" (feat. Tinashe)
5. "Wake Me" (feat. Lucius)
6. "Reckless Love" (feat. Elle King)
7. "Take Me Away" (feat. Brooke Candy & Rachel Antonoff)
8. "Like a River Runs" (feat. Sia)
9. "You’re Still a Mystery" (feat. MØ)
10. "I’m Ready to Move On / Wild Heart Reprise" (feat. Susanna Hoffs)
11. "Who I Want You to Love" (feat. Natalie Maines)
The album reminds me a lot of a well-curated soundtrack. It includes amazing contributions from a wide range of artists and, as a project, it's a fresh imagining of something that's already excellent. You can download Terrible Thrills Vol. 2 here, and if you like that, here are 11 other well-curated musical projects.
1. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 Soundtrack
Curated by Lorde, this soundtrack includes artists such as Tinashe and Tove Lo.
2. The Great Gatsby Soundtrack
Executive producer Jay Z blended emotion and nostalgia in this soundtrack, which is highlighted by Lana Del Rey's "Young and Beautiful."
3. Garden State Soundtack
Zach Braff earned a Grammy for this soundtrack, which plays like the coolest mix tape ever.
4. The Fault In Our Stars Soundtrack
John Green's heartbreaking young adult novel was brought to life with the movie's equally compelling soundtrack.
5. (500) Days Of Summer Soundtrack
(500) Days of Summer's soundtrack was as eclectic as the film itself.
6. Dope Soundtrack
Pharrell curated the soundtrack for 2015's Dope and included songs from the movie's band, Awreeoh. One of the highlights is "Don't Get Deleted."
7. Music From the O.C. Mix 1
All of the OC's soundtracks are solid (and made us feel like we got a mix tape from Seth Cohen), but the first one holds a special place in my heart.
8. Romeo + Juliet Soundtrack
Shakespeare's famous love story got a modern polish with this perfectly '90s soundtrack.
9. Pretty In Pink Soundtrack
John Hughes' movies were always complemented by their soundtracks, and Pretty in Pink is no exception. Who can forget the iconic "If You Leave"?
10. The Royal Tenebaums Soundtrack
Wes Anderson's films are known for their strong music, but the Royal Tenenbaums' is especially poignant.
11. Dirty Dancing Soundtrack
A movie centered around dancing appropriately has an amazing soundtrack. From "(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" to Patrick Swayze's "She's Like the Wind," this album remains iconic to this day.
Inspired by these collaborations? Go check out the Bleachers' covers album and rock out!