9 Times Carrie Bradshaw From "Sex And The City" Was You On Black Friday
No matter which Sex and the City character you identify with the most on a normal basis, Black Friday is when your inner Carrie Bradshaw comes out — don't even try to deny it. She's a character whose entire existence at times seems dedicated to the pursuit of fashion, and if that comes wrapped in a bargain as well, what could be better? I don't remember if they ever brought up Black Friday on the show, but if they had, I imagine Carrie would have treated it as a sacred holiday, more important than her birthday, Christmas, and her anniversaries all combined. You can go shopping any day of the year, obviously, but on the day after Thanksgiving, it's everybody's hobby, not just yours, and it's a beautiful thing to be in such good company.
So whether you're braving the crowds in actual stores, today, or just cruising the internet buying every single thing in a mouse-clicking frenzy, here are some Carrie Bradshaw quotes to help you channel Carrie, and come through this harrowing (albeit exciting!) holiday in one piece. Just imagine Sarah Jessica Parker click-clacking along in her Manolos right by your side, whispering these classic lines into your ear, and it will give you the energy burst you need to power through. Here are the nine times Carrie Bradshaw was totally you on Black Friday.
1. When You're Justifying Going To One More Store Because You Skipped The Gym Today And You "Need The Exercise"
2. When You Get A Look At Your Bank Account Balance And Press On Anyway
"I like my money right where I can see it — hanging in my closet."
3. When You Totally Deserve This Because Your Life Is Falling Apart Right Now
"The fact is, sometimes it's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun."
4. When There Are Way Too Many People In This Store
5. When You're Talking Yourself Out Of Something Impractical
"I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."
6. When You're Talking Yourself Out Of Something Even More Impractical Just Because It's On Sale
"I have a style, and jeweled panties aren't it."
7. When You're Trying To Intimidate Another Shopper With Your Complete And Utter Lack Of Fear
"I'm not afraid of heights... have you seen my shoes?"
8. When You're About To Pass Out From Hunger And Don't Want To Give Up Yet But Are Clearly Delirious
"When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more."
9. When It's Time To Finally Call It A Day
"I admit it's tempting to wish for the perfect boss - the perfect parent - or the perfect outfit. But maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been dealt, and accessorize what we've got."
Now go forth, young disciples! There are deals out there calling your name, so summon your inner Carrie and get after them!
Images: HBO; giphy (9)