Christmas (in the most generalized commercial sense), is the holiday to end all holidays. It's almost like magic — right after Thanksgiving, suddenly lights decorate houses and trees pop up in living rooms. Before you know it, it's time to think about what you're buying for your mom, your bestie, and everyone in-between. There are plenty of signs that'll get you into the holiday spirit, whether it's the red Starbucks cups or Black Friday gift-buying, but for many of us, it’s the start of holiday movie marathons that do it (personally, I never get tired of ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas). That's why I'm bringing to you 13 of the cheesiest Christmas movie quotes ever that are bound to kickstart your holiday vibes.
There’s just something heartwarming about the idea of snuggling up on a couch armed with hot cocoa (stirred with a candy cane for festivity points), watching a holiday classic that you probably haven’t seen since last year. Thankfully, there’s a great variety of Christmas movies out there, so there’s always a chance to mix it up with a black-and-white throwback or with a box office blazer from the early 2000s. What I love the most about Christmas movies is, by far, their inherent cheesiness. So without further ado, here are the cream of the crop.
1. "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas" — Bing Crosby's White Christmas (1954)
So cheesy, but a classic.
2. "Seeing Is Believing, But Sometimes The Most Real Things In The World Are The Things We Can’t See" — The Polar Express (2004)
3. "There's A Certain Magic That Comes With The Very First Snow. For When The First Snow Is Also A Christmas Snow, Well, Something Wonderful Is Bound To Happen" — Frosty The Snowman (1969)
OK then, Frosty.
4. "That's What Christmas Memories Are Made From, They're Not planned, They're Not Scheduled, Nobody Puts Them In Their Blackberry, They Just Happen" — Deck The Halls (2006)
Cheesy, but sweet.
5. "Every Time You Hear A Bell Ring, It Means That Some Angel's Just Got His Wings" — It's A Wonderful Life (1946)
6. "The Best Way To Spread Christmas Cheer, Is Singing Loud For All To Hear" — Elf (2003)
7. "OK, This Is Extremely Important. Will You Please Tell Santa That Instead Of Presents This Year, I Just Want My Family Back?" — Home Alone (1990)
Kid's got his priorities straight.
8. "Oh, Christmas Isn't Just A Day, It's A Frame Of Mind" — Miracle On 34th Street (1947)
9. "Christmas Is Just About My Favorite Time. Ever Since I Was A Little Kid, I Always Felt Like It Was My Own Personal Holiday" — Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)
10. "It's Christmas Eve. It's The One Night Of The Year When We All Act A Little Nicer, We Smile A Little Easier, We Cheer A Little More. For A Couple Of Hours Out Of The Whole Year We Are The People That We Always Hoped We Would Be" — Scrooged (1998)
11. "If You Look For It, I've Got A Sneaky Feeling You'll Find That Love Is Actually All Around" — Love Actually (2003)
Love, Actually is the cheesiest, but it's the best.
12. "I Will Honor Christmas In My Heart, And Try To Keep It All The Year" — A Christmas Carol (2009)
13. "Rudolph, With Your Nose So Bright, Won’t You Guide My Sleigh Tonight?" — Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)
Now, don't you feel like going out to carol right this very moment? It goes without saying that not only will these movie lines make you feel like yummy grilled cheese inside, but they're all great flicks to add onto your holiday to-watch queue if they aren't already on there. That said, happy holidays and movie viewing!
Images: Guy Walks Into a Bar Productions; Giphy (11)