Donald Trump has been compared to a lot of people, including Adolf Hitler, but the Internet lost its mind when J. K. Rowling took to Twitter and compared Trump to Voldemort, actually saying that Trump is worse. After Trump spoke out in support of "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States", many Twitter users drew comparisons to the presidential hopeful and the Dark Lord from the Harry Potter series, and the author herself agreed.
From his sexist behavior to his bigoted proposed policies to the fact that even Jeb Bush is calling him"unhinged," there are plenty of reasons to to dislike Donald Trump. But when your favorite author calls him out for being worse that one of the most evil villains in literature? Well, you don't need much more convincing than that. Voldemort may have tried to take over the wizarding world and murder Harry Potter, but even his evil plans weren't as dangerous as Trump's plans to freeze Muslim immigration and tourism, start surveillance on mosques, and have a registration system for people of a certain religion. And what makes it worse? Unlike Voldemort, Donald Trump doesn't just exist in books and movies.
Because sometimes truth is not only stranger than fiction, but scarier, too, try and figure out which of these quotes came from a make-believe baddie and which a IRL presidential candidate. Trust me, it's harder to tell than you might think.
1. "The point is, you can never be too greedy."
2. "I can make bad things happen to people who annoy me. I can make them hurt if I want to.”
3. "I'm intelligent. Some people would say I'm very, very, very intelligent."
4. "There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it."
5. "We will either renegotiate it or we will break it. Because, you know, every agreement has an end."
6. "I want to be unpredictable."
7. “I don’t need you. I’m used to doing things for myself."
8. "I have a great relationship with the Blacks. I've always had a great relationship with the Blacks."
9. “I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present.”
10. “You mean he was weak! Too weak to dare, too weak to take what might have been his, what will be mine!”
11. "My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure; it's not your fault."
12. "I hate watching what is happening with the dirty street, the homeless and the crime! Disgrace."
13. "I’d almost forgotten you were here ... I’d introduce you, but rumor has it you’re almost as famous as me these days.
And the answers are...
1. Donald Trump
3. Donald Trump
5. Donald Trump
6. Donald Trump
8. Donald Trump
9. Donald Trump
11. Donald Trump
12. Donald Trump
Images: Giphy (13)