Rihanna’s Latest ANTIdiaRY Video Is As Enigmatic As It Is Creepy
Well, we are one room closer to ANTI. (How many rooms do we have left? Don't ask me. For all I know, there could be 750 rooms in this ANTIdiaRY house. And hey, if that's the case, I will watch all 750 videos. No question.) Wednesday, pop singer and footwear magnate Rihanna released the fifth installment of the ANTIdiaRY/Samsung ad campaign. And just like all of the videos that preceded it, "Room 5" gets real weird real fast.
The clip opens on Queen RiRi sitting in a bathtub. Said bathtub is situated in the middle of a stark white, possibly doorless room. Faceless shadows stand on the other side of the frosted bathtub room walls. The tableau is both aesthetically pleasing and unsettling, not unlike a room from of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Here are some of the Qs I have for the minute-long vid:
- Is this supposed to be a spa?
- Like, is this spooky room supposed to be relaxing?
- What is this room's deal?
- For starters, is there even a door?
- How'd RiRi get into that room?
- Did she repel down into the tub from that skylight?
- What is that bluish opaque liquid?
- Is there some sort of LUSH bath bomb situation going on?
- Or is it milk and few drops of blue food coloring?
- Where’s HAL 9000?
- Who is standing on the other side of the wall?
- Can they not?
- Can’t RiRi take a bath in peace?
- Does the girl from the ANTI cover know where the door is?
- Wait, why is the water turning dark blue?
- Where did that cloud of blue water come from?
- Did an ink pen just explode in the bathtub?
- Or is it another LUSH bath bomb?
- Oh, wait. Maybe that’s her hair dye?
- Is bathing in hair dye water is the new celebrity bathing trend?
- Like, is it secretly really great for your pores?
- Is the ANTI release date scribbled on the floor of the tub in marker?
- Is that actually where the blue ink water came from?
- Seriously though, when is ANTI going to come out?
Final thought: If RiRI had a bath bomb line, I'd give it all of my money.