9 'New Girl' GIFs That Will Get You Excited For The Show To Finally Come Back
By the time the show returns, eight long, hard, Jess Day-less months will have passed since a new episode of New Girl will have aired. But, that’s OK (well, I guess), because absence has most definitely made this New Girl-loving heart grow fonder. Case in point, I am biting my nails in anticipation for the New Girl Season 5 premiere, which is so very soon, you guys (Jan. 5!). I couldn't be more excited, as Season 4 left off on a remarkably good note. And, considering the fact that I had to endure Max Greenfield’s character being mercilessly tortured on American Horror Story: Hotel, I think I’ve earned some Schmidt inspired levity in my life ASAP, don't you?
I know I’m not the only one amped for this new season. Many fans miss the shenanigans between Jess, Nick, Winston, Schmidt, and Cece, and I think we all can agree that the return feels a lot like we’re welcoming home our slightly dysfunctional but impossibly loved child from college for the summer. You know, if the impassioned tweets from bereft fans and the New Girl drought lamentation that goes on daily in my BFF group chat is any sort of indication.
In honor of the upcoming premiere, here are nine GIFs to show New Girl fans’ abounding excitement for Season 5.
1. When You Realize You Can Literally Count The Minutes Till New Girl Is Back On Your Screen
So close you can taste the bacon Nick is probably eating.
2. When You See The Promo
If you haven't seen it, you can check it out here. Yaaas.
3. When The Promo Ends
That's what the replay button is for.
4. When You Remember That New Girl Will Return With Schmidt And Cece As An Engaged Couple
5. And That With A New Season Comes Hope For A Nick And Jess Reunion
It's all too much.
6. When You Decide To Marathon The Previous Season In Preparation And You Get Crap For It
It's what all responsible, invested TV watchers should do.
7. Whenever You Hear Someone Mention The Show In Passing
8. When Someone Asks Why You're So Passionate About It
But mainly because it's got everything — romance, humor, drama — and, of course, Schmidt.
9. When You, And Whoever Else Is Watching With You, Get To The Hour Leading Up To The Season Premiere
I was honestly about to send Schmidt's mom to check on them if the gang didn't turn up sooner or later. Cheers to not having to!
Images: FOX; Giphy (9)