10 Snow Pics That Prove Winter Isn't All Bad
As the East Coast braces itself for the arrival of Winter Storm Jonas and the heavy snowfall and possible blizzard conditions that are forecasted to stretch from Washington D.C. to New York City, some of you may be ready to pack your things and move to Aruba, permanently. But before you toss your hats and mittens in favor of a year-round bikini climate, take a look at some of these pretty blizzard photos that prove that snow isn't so terrible after all.
Remember when you were a kid, and you would stay up late before a big snowstorm rolled in, crossing your fingers that the flurries would turn into a full blown blanket of white, that school would be cancelled, and that you could spend the day scouting the perfect sledding hill near your house? Snow wasn't always the freezing, soggy, transportation-crippling hassle that it becomes for a lot of adults.
So make yourself a mug of hot cocoa and grab a good book, because after you get a load of these magical winter pictures, you'll remember why you live in a place that experiences seasons — like all of them, and with absolutely no subtlety whatsoever. And that means that spring will inevitably arrive with all of its flowers and April showers, but in the meantime, enjoy the magic of the winter snow.
1. For starters, you get to wear cute outfits like this.
2. And places that you see every day become a little more magical.
3. I mean, Central Park becomes a bona fide winter wonderland.
4. Sometimes, a snow day is just what the doctor ordered.
5. Just ask this puppy...
6. And this little guy that thinks the snow tastes just fine.
7. Even a day at the beach is better with a little snow.
8. Even if you do have to go to school, it probably looks like this...
9. Or maybe you'll just spend the day exploring nature.
10. When your walk home looks like this, you'll forget all about Aruba and those bikinis.
And if you're still not convinced, you could always move to LA, where it's 70 degrees outside today and looks like this. (Sorry, not sorry.)