Whether or not you have somebody special to spend Feb. 14 with this year, you can still celebrate the concept of love, and you can do it with these awesome Valentine's Day quotes for Facebook. You post ridiculous amounts of selfies, you "check-in" to every restaurant you eat at, and you share recipe videos like it's nobody's business... so why not post a quote or two in honor of a holiday that honors and observes the act of love?
Though Valentine's Day has been sold to America as a day focused on romantic relationships, it sure doesn't have to be interpreted solely in that way. In fact, I think we should use Valentine's Day to celebrate all kinds of love: romantic, friendship, humanity-driven, and general world love. Doesn't that sound nice?
These Valentine's Day quotes cover the boundaries of love, and trust me when I say that they are wide and deep. And isn't that exactly how our love for one another should be? Wide and deep. Take a moment to read through these wonderful words of wisdom, and take another moment to post one or two on your Facebook wall on Feb. 14. Don't worry, you'll definitely get lots of "likes" for it.
1. "Love cures people — by both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it." — Dr. Karl Menninger
2. "If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love." — Maya Angelou
3. "They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything." — Bill Keane
4. "Where there is great love, there are always wishes." — Willa Cather
5. "Love doesn't grow on trees like apples in Eden — it's something you have to make. And you must use your imagination too." — Joyce Carol Oates
6. "Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey." — Lord Byron
7. "There's a long life ahead of you, and it's going to be beautiful, as long as you keep loving and hugging each other." — Yoko Ono
8. "We are most alive when we're in love." — John Updike
9. "I know of only one duty, and that is to love."— Albert Camus
10. "I love romance. I'm a sucker for it. I love it so much. It's pathetic." — Drew Barrymore
11. "Love is when the desire to be desired takes you so badly that you feel you could die of it." — Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
12. "Look, there's no metaphysics on earth like chocolates." — Fernando Pessoa
13. "Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs." — William Shakespeare
Want more of Bustle's Sex and Relationships coverage? Check out our new podcast,I Want It That Way, which delves into the difficult and downright dirty parts of a relationship, and find more on our Soundcloud page.
Images: Pexels; Giphy (4)