Is That Jon Snow In A Battle In The ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 6 Trailer? It Might Not Be Who You Think
Did you see that one human on that snowy battlefield in the Game of Thrones Season 6 trailer? You know, the human smack dab in the middle of the chaos? The human galloping into the fracas atop a horse? The human with the jaw-length locks? Perhaps you assumed that that luxurious chestnut mane belonged to a certain ex-Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch. Perhaps, when you saw that wavy chin-length bob, you assumed that it meant Jon Snow is not only alive, but healthy enough to fight. Could it be? Is that really him? Is Jon Snow back in action?
Not to be a total party pooper, but I sincerely doubt the show—which has spent the last several months concealing Jon Snow's fate—would include such a gigantic spoiler (i.e., reveal that Jon Snow has been resurrected) in the trailer. But hey, I'm not a soothsayer like Maggy the Frog; I have no idea what's going to happen.
But before you bet all of your Silver Stags that HBO snuck the Bastard of Winterfell into that scene, I think you should take a closer look at the image. I don't know about your eyeballs, but mine are not convinced that this is Jon Snow:
Sure, that human boasts some seriously Jon Snow-esque locks,but Jon Snow is not the only character who has a gorgeous shock of chin-length hair. And a flowing coiffure does not always a Jon Snow make.
Do I do have some guesses as to who else it might be? Why, yes. Yes, I do:
- What if it’s Arya Stark?
- What if it’s Jaqen H’ghar?
- What if it's the ghost of Robb Stark?
- What if it's the ghost of Ned Stark?
- What if it's Ellaria Sand?
- What if it’s an extra?
- What if it's Cersei in disguise?
- What if it’s Aria from Pretty Little Liars?
- What if it’s Captain Algren from The Last Samurai?
- What if it’s Gavin Rossdale?
- What if it’s Harry Styles?
- What if it's Ilana Glazer?
- What if it's Christian Bale?
- What if it’s Adrian Grenier?
- What if it’s this Jon Snow Halloween costume model?
I'm not the gambling type, BUT! If I had to place a bet, I'd put my ducats on the 'stume model.
Images: Helen Sloan/HBO; HBO