Are Any Zayn 'Mind Of Mine' Lyrics About Perrie Edwards? These 12 Seem Pretty Likely
After much anticipation, Zayn Malik's Mind of Mine album is finally here. If you hadn't noticed, it was also released on the one-year anniversary of his One Direction departure. Anyway, now that the album has dropped, you know what that means: It's time to analyze the lyrics and determine who they just might be about. For example, there are several Mind of Mine lyrics that could be about Perrie Edwards.
It's pretty standard for artists to find inspiration for their music from real-life experiences, including break-ups. In August 2015, after being engaged for almost two years, Malik and Edwards broke up. They were together for quite a long time, so you have to wonder if the 23-year-old singer look to his former relationship to inspire his new music. It would make sense, especially since some of the songs definitely sound like he's singing about a former flame.
I mean, just look at these track titles: "fOoL fOr YoU," "sHe," "tRuTh," "iT's YoU," "rEaR vIeW," and "SHE DON'T LOVE ME." I don't know about you, but by just looking at the song names without even hearing the lyrics, I bet some of you, especially 1D fans, would assume they just might be about Edwards.
Whether they are or not, who knows, but that isn't going to stop me from wondering if the following lyrics are about his ex-girlfriend.
1. "This love is tainted. I need you and I hate it."
If you've listened to "fOoL fOr YoU," then you probably noticed that pretty much the entire song could about Edwards.
2. "Cause I'm a fool for you and the things you do."
Again, another lyric from "fOoL fOr YoU."
3. "When you're looking like this. I just can't resist it. I know sometimes I hide it. But I can't this time cause it's gonna defeat me."
This other "fOoL fOr YoU" lyric sure sounds like it could be about Edwards.
4. "I'm seeing the pain, seeing the pleasure. Nobody but you, 'body but me, 'body but us. Bodies together. I'd love to hold you close, tonight and always. I'd love to wake up next to you."
Many have wondered if "PiLlOwTAlK" is about Gigi Hadid, but what if he's singing about Edwards?
5. "Am I wrong for wanting us to make it? Tell me your lies. Because I just can't face it."
The song title "iT's YoU" speaks volumes and so does this line from it.
6. "Now, I'm gonna stay in my zone. I'm tired of picking that bone. And I can't be bothered to fight it no more, no."
Hmm... "BeFoUr" just might be about Malik and Edward before they split.
7. "She's crying out that she loves me. Holding my hands so I won't leave. Cause baby don't wanna be lonely. She says 'I just want you to hold me.'"
I mean, "sHe" has to be about Edwards, right?
8. "Right now I'm emotional. I lose control, when I'm with you. I hope I haven't said too much. Guess I always push my luck when I'm with you."
Either "dRuNk" is about a random person, someone Malik met at a bar, or, maybe, just maybe, Edwards.
9. "Please don't wait. I'm not coming home tonight. I wanna love you but I can't."
"rEaR vIeW" just might symbolize Malik realizing his love for Edwards is in the rear view mirror.
10. "You’re looking in the wrong place for my love. Don’t think because you’re with me this is real."
Their love could have easily been "wRoNg" all along.
11. "They don't know what I know. How long I've had to hold. You're like a commotion. All because of me."
It sure sounds like Malik is trying to tell his fans about what it was really like Edwards in "BoRdErZ."
12. "Don't know how many times. I've had to say this to you. This ain't my scene. This wasn't my dream. It was all yours."
Well, that sure sounds like Malik is relieved to tell the "tRuTh," doesn't it?
Either I'm reading way too much into this and the entire album is about Edwards, or Malik just wants fans to think that. Whatever the case, Mind of Mine will surely make listeners think.
Images: Giphy (9)