8 Inspiring Easter Quotes To Bring You Joy On This Springtime Holiday
No matter how religious you are or how seriously you celebrate Easter, there is no denying that this is a beautiful time of year. As these inspiring Easter quotes suggest, the days surrounding Easter represent a time of hope and rebirth, happiness and redemption. Whether you are spending Easter Sunday at mass with your family, at brunch with your friends, or enjoying the first full weekend of spring by yourself, this is the perfect time for reflection, contemplation, and inspiration. Let these quotes be your guide.
For Christians around the world, Easter (or Resurrection Sunday, as it's sometimes referred) is a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, three days after he was crucified to redeem humankind for its sins. It is the single most important holiday on the Christian calendar, and is celebrated with church services, extravagant dinners, and time spent with family.
But, even if you aren't deeply religious, Easter is still a time to rejoice. It's a sign that a long cold winter is finally over, that new life is on its way, and that the universe is ready to bestow upon us the glory of spring. If that's not worth celebrating, I don't know what is.
1. "Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there." — Clarence W. Hall
2. "Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life." — S.D. Gordon
3. "A rebirth out of spiritual adversity causes us to become new creatures." — James E. Faust
4. "On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer." — Douglas Horton
5. "Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life." — Janine di Giovanni
6. "No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow." — Proverb
7. "Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song." — Pope John Paul II
8. "Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless." — Charles M. Crowe
Images: Pexels (2); Unsplash