10 National Beer Day Quotes About Beer, So You Have Something To Say While You Toast
Beer truly is one of those things that bring people together across the country, and even the world. That’s why you need these National Beer Day quotes all about beer to toast to the hop gods this week.
I’m pretty sure there’s nothing more American than National Beer Day — unless there was an official National Beer, Bacon, and BBQ day of course. Getting together with a bunch of friends, appreciating a fine beer, and spending a spring day enjoying a patio somewhere with way too much food is the best all-American day I can imagine having. Throw in a grill, and you have a party, am I right?
For those beer lovers out there, National Beer Day is a day you’ve been looking forward to for the last 364 days. It’s essentially an excuse to splurge on your favorite craft beers, get together with friends, and pretend like you don’t have to go to work in the morning. If you’re trying to find some inspiration for your first toast to the hop gods on National Beer Day, here are some beer quotes from some serious beer-lovers to get you started. The wisdom that comes from beer is great, that’s all I can say.
1. "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." — Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. "I have respect for beer." — Russell Crowe
3. "Beer, it’s the best damn drink in the world." — Jack Nicholson
4. "He was a wise man who invented beer." — Plato
5. "When I die, I want to decompose in a barrel of porter and have it served in all the pubs in Dublin. I wonder would they know it was me?" — J.P. Donleavy
6. "Beer’s intellectual. What a shame so many idiots drink it." — Ray Bradbury
7. "Stay with the beer. Beer is continuous blood. A continuous lover." — Charles Bukowski
8. "A man who lies about beer makes enemies." — Stephen King
9. "For a quart of Ale is a dish of king." — William Shakespeare
10. "Nothing ever tasted better than a cold beer on a beautiful afternoon with nothing to look forward to than more of the same." — Hugh Hood
Cheers to National Beer Day!