11 Funny Sibling Quotes, Because They Annoy You As Much As You Annoy Them
While most of us have probably joked about how great it would be to have grown up as an only child, if we are being totally honest, we know that our childhoods would have been significantly less fun without our brothers and sisters. That being said, here are 11 funny sibling quotes to share with your family during National Sibling Day on April 10. They may have given you wedgies on the regular, constantly laid the blame on you in front of your parents, and borrowed your clothes without asking... but hey, you still loved them despite all their annoying tendencies.
Even if you don't see your sibs that often these days, it is amazing how quickly you can revert into acting like a kid when you do get together. There is just something about being with your brothers and sisters that can make you feel forever young — and subsequently, forever immature.
Siblings are also the only people on the planet who can exactly relate to your upbringing, your parents, and your entire family dynamic. Blood runs thick, and considering that your sibling comes from the same two people you come from, this holds especially true. Share these quotes with them on National Sibling Day.
1. “Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.” — Sam Levenson
2. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.” — Lemony Snicket
3. “What strange creatures brothers are!” — Jane Austen
4. "Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it's like to have been brought up the way you were." — Betsy Cohen
5. "Sometimes siblings can get in each other's space." ― Gisele Bündchen
6. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” — Esther M. Friesner
7. “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring quite often the hard way.” — Pamela Dugdale
8. “The best thing about having four big brothers is you always have someone to do something for you.” — Chloe Moretz
9. "Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of long ago — the baby, the peacekeeper, the caretaker, the avoider. It doesn't seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we've traveled." ― Jane Mersky Leder
10. “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.” — James Patterson
11. “I've been the oldest child since before you were born.” — E.L. Konigsburg
Images: FOX; Giphy (3)