As a professional writer, I can usually crank out 200 words of text about random topics in 20 minutes or less. But, when it comes to expressing my feelings to people I love in writing? That's a little more difficult. These Mother's Day quotes for cards are some of my favorite go-tos, because finding the perfect thing to say to the woman who has done more for you than anyone else can be a seriously tricky thing to do. There's no shame in using someone else's words to express your love — no matter what you say, Mom will get the message.
My mom is the best for a number of reasons. For one thing, she sends me cat videos on a regular basis. For another, she's made it a point to follow all of my friends on Facebook and comment on their status updates more frequently than she does mine, which is both embarrassing and adorable. More importantly, she's always been the one to support me no matter what crazy endeavor pops into my head — and trust me, there have been a lot. Of course, if they don't work (and many don't), she's there to make sure I don't spiral too deeply into despair, either. In other words, she's amazing.
That's the thing about moms — they're all amazing. Tell your mama bear how much you appreciate her with these Mother's Day card-appropriate quotes.
1. "A mother knows what her child's gone through, even if she didn't see it herself." — Pramoedya Ananta Toer
2. "God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers." — Unknown
3. "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." — Oprah Winfrey
4. "Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease." — Lisa Alther
5. "Motherhood: All love begins and ends there." — Robert Browning
6. "Mothers are the necessity of invention." — Bill Watterson
7. "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool mom." — Unknown
8. "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." — Abraham Lincoln
9. "Most mothers are instinctive philosophers." — Harriet Beecher Stowe
10. "A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's." — Princess Diana
11. "Mothers are all slightly insane." — J.D. Salinger
But in a good way, obviously.