My mom has always said the happiest time of her life was her 30s — she cared less, loved more, changed, grew, and most importantly, she gained more confidence in who she was, without making any excuses. I’m still 2.5 years away from the big 3-0, but many of my friends — who I admire for their wit and wisdom — have already entered their fourth decade and have a lot of thoughts about their 20s.
Mostly, they’re glad they’re over.
And when it comes to dating, something big changes in your 30s: It’s when many people are in the beginning of their marriages, having and raising children, and overall, discovering more and more about what they won’t (and what they don’t). Sadly, there is no way to go back in time — no matter how many #TBT and #FBF photos are posted on Instagram — but there is a way to get a head start on falling in love in your 30s.
How? With these helpful tips from women who have already beat you to the punch:
1. Be Bold Enough To Be Direct
2. You Don’t Lose Your Beauty
3. Accept That Sometimes It Is About Luck
4. You Have To Leave Your Apartment
5. It’s Cliche, But It’s True: Be Yourself!
6. Remember To Have Fun!
7. Don't Rush
8. Text Them If You Damn Well Please
9. Stop Dating Unavailable People Right This Very Second