This Video Of The Dallas Shooting Captures The Terrifying Moment The Protest Turns Violent

In what should have been a quiet evening in Dallas, Texas, multiple snipers opened fire on local police officers during a Black Lives Matter protest on Thursday evening. This video of the Dallas shooting captured the terrifying moment when the protest turned violent.

After a disheartening, frustrating, and all-around confusing week in which police-involved murders happened two days in a row, protests took place around the country demanding justice for these victims. In Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Alton Sterling was fatally shot by police on Tuesday evening; less than 24 hours later, Philando Castile was fatally shot by a police officer in Minnesota.

The Dallas protest shooting investigation continued for more than five hours as police officers negotiated with one of the suspects who told Dallas Police Department police chief "the end is near" and that he planted bombs around downtown Dallas. Those claims of planted bombs have not been backed up.

Corey Hughes, one of the organizers of the protest, told CBS 11 that there was no evidence of a potential threat prior to the march. However, that all changed just around 7:45 p.m. CT when upwards of 30 rapid-fire shots were heard from inside a nearby parking garage. This video of the Dallas shooting, broadcast via Facebook Live, showed the exact moment the shooting began.

Michael Bautista, the man who captured the video, was at the scene across the street from the parking garage where the shooting took place. Multiple snipers shot at least 10 police officers from an elevated location in what quickly became clear was a planned attack on local law enforcement.

Within two seconds of the video starting, you can hear multiple shots being fired from the parking garage. The building is immediately surrounded by multiple police cars as the back-and-forth shots between the shooters and the police continue. Bautista clarified in the video that the shots were coming from the right side of the building.

The nearly three-minute video is difficult to watch, but it reveals a telling glimpse into what the scene looked like for the hundreds of people gathered for the protest Thursday evening in Dallas. The bravery of the Dallas police officers was evident in this video, as you can see them fearlessly moving toward the shooter trying to control the situation. The protest march started around 7 p.m. CT and at 2:30 a.m. CT police were still attempting to negotiate with and arrest the suspects.