Who are the most inspirational people in your life? Most likely, your friends, so why not give some love back to them with these 13 inspirational friendship quotes? Sounds like a great, idea, right? Top it all off with the fact that July 30 is International Day of Friendship, and you've really got yourself a real, solid plan.
Isn't it funny how your friends can say stuff to you that you've heard strangers say a million times, and your entire belief factor totally changes? You know that if you're hearing it from a friend, then it's got to be authentic. Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without my besties. They pick me up when I'm feeling low, and they bring me back to earth when my anxiety gets the best of me.
Let your friends know how much you appreciate them this year by sharing some of these well-crafted quotations below. Jim Henson and Socrates just have a way of saying things that are already on your mind, but in a way more perfect way. And if you are feeling low in the friend department, don't worry, because that happens. The good news is that there are 7.1 billion people hanging out on planet earth, and somebody (really, many people) are bound to be your friend. Love first, and they'll love you back. It's the golden rule.
1. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
2. “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” — Jim Henson
3. “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” — Thomas J. Watson
4. “A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else.” — Len Wein
5. “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.” — Socrates
6. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
7. “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” — Khalil Gibran
8. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” — Woodrow T. Wilson
9. “It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” — Marlene Dietrich
10. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
11. “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” Hubert H. Humphrey
12. “I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.” — Charles R. Swindoll
13. “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” — Euripides
Image: Brooke Cagle/Unsplash