Britney Spears’ “Clumsy” Will Drop This Week & Here’s What We Know About The Jam
Thanks to new that new music video and that Billboard Music Awards performance and those new songs and that album release date and that perfume ad, it’s been a most exhilarating summer for Britney Stans, no? Well, sharpen your pencils, because we’ve got another thing to add to the list: On Monday, PopCrush announced that Britney Spears will drop a song titled “Clumsy” later this week. "Clumsy" will appear on Glory, Spears's to-be-released ninth album, alongside previously unveiled tracks "Make Me..." and "Private Show."
Shortly after the PopCrush exclusive hit the internet, the “I’m A Slave 4 U” pop icon took a break from diving off of catamarans in Hawaii (my goodness, Godney’s vacation Instagram game continues to be unparalleled) to confirm the song will be available for our listening pleasure in only a few days. Oh, but the deets don't stop there! Here's what else PopCrush had to say about "Clumsy":
- It will be out Wednesday night/Thursday morning at midnight EST. Set your alarm clocks accordingly.
- It was co-written by the one and only Britney Jean Spears.
- It was also co-written by Talay Riley, a singer-songwriter who has penned jams like “Levels” by Nick Jonas, “Miracles” by Usher, “In My City” by Ellie Goulding.
- It was co-produced by Warren “Oak” Felder, who is one half of the duo Pop & Oak. Oak's previous song credits include “Here” by Alessia Cara, “Your Love” Nicki Minaj, and “Numb” by Rihanna featuring Eminem.
- It was also co-produced by Alex Nice. Though my web search didn't give me much info about the DJ, I did find this fun remix of Kid Ink's "Be Real."
- Here's one of the lyrics: “Call me a fool, call me insane / But don’t call it a day.”
- Bring it on, ring the alarm, because PopCrush promises “Clumsy” is a dance club smasher, excuse me, smashah.
Call me a fool, call me insane, but don't call me when I'm busy listening to "Clumsy" on repeat on Wednesday night.