Why does autumn always seem so depressingly short? It's without question the best season of the year, and it goes by in a flash. Luckily, there are endless inspiring fall quotes that can help us live in the moment and enjoy all the beautiful aspects of this perfect season. And since the autumnal equinox has officially kicked off the fall season, we can suck down all the PSLs, rock all the thick scarves, and let go of the remaining ties we had to summer for another whole year.
Winter is headed this way, and once it hits, the richly colored leaves will be gone. Taking a stroll in the park will turn into trudging through dirty piles of snow while rocking heavy duty boots. And don't forget about S.A.D.! This mood disorder is real, and it is coming for all of us. So before the holiday season wrecks our bank accounts and all the breathtaking colors of nature fade into the dreariness of winter, head outside. Don't waste another moment. Let the following inspiring fall quotes get you excited for the season that has officially begun, and guide you out the front door and into nature. Fall will be over before you know it, so enjoy it while it lasts.
1. "Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all." — Stanley Horowitz
2. "Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn." — Elizabeth Lawrence
3. "I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house. So I have spent almost all the daylight hours in the open air." — Nathaniel Hawthorne
4. "October, baptize me with leaves! Swaddle me in corduroy and nurse me with split pea soup. October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins." — Rainbow Rowell, Attachments
5. "Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." — George Eliot
6. "Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence." — Yoko Ono
7. "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." — F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
8. "Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees." — Faith Baldwin
9. "Of all the seasons, autumn offers the most to man and requires the least of him." — Hal Borland
10. "No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace, as I have seen in one autumnal face." — John Donne
11. "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." — Albert Camus
12. "Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree." — Emily Brontë
13. "The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir, The Mountains of California
Image: Ali Majdfar/Moment/Getty Images; Giphy