11 Quotes About 9/11 To Share On Facebook
September 11 is a difficult day for every American, and for people who remember being alive during that tragic day in 2001 when multiple planes were hijacked and crashed around America, images are still especially vivid. While the memory of that day is still painful to dwell on, some hope did arise from the ashes of it, and these 11 quotes about 9/11 to share on Facebook capture just that.
There is still so much to be learned from the terror attacks that took place 15 short years ago, but there is also so much that this country has already learned from them. No matter how devastating September 11, 2001 and its aftermath was, America managed to rise from the horrors of it all and come up stronger and more unified.
America will never forget the thousands of innocent citizens who were killed during the terrorist attacks as well as during the aftermath, and one way to keep their memory alive is to say something. While we can't change the past, we can talk about it — and perhaps even more importantly, we can grow from it. Here are 11 quotes about 9/11 so that we might never forget.
1. "If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate." — Sandy Dahl (wife of pilot of Flight 93 Jason Dahl)
2. "Five years from the date of the attack that changed our world, we’ve come back to remember the valor of those we lost — those who innocently went to work that day and the brave souls who went in after them. We have also come to be ever mindful of the courage of those who grieve for them, and the light that still lives in their hearts." — Rudolph Giuliani
3. "September 11 impressed upon us that life is a precious gift ... And I think we all have a duty to devote at least a small portion of our daily lives to ensuring that neither America nor the world ever forgets September 11." — Senator Bill Frist
4. "One of the worst days in America’s history saw some of the bravest acts in Americans’ history. We’ll always honor the heroes of 9/11. And here at this hallowed place, we pledge that we will never forget their sacrifice." — President George W. Bush
5. "Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. "The moment to spend with a husband who loves me, or a sick friend, or a delicious new grandchild is here and now. Not some time later .... The nation learned this lesson all at once that horrible day in September 2001. The pictures stay with us — the fires and falling debris, and, most hauntingly, the faces. Look how young so many of them were, people who thought there would be much more time, a lot of 'later' when they could do all the things they really wanted to do. I grieve for their families — especially for those, like me, who haven't found any trace of the people they loved. But I grieve even more for the people who died that day. They couldn't know what we know now about the precious gift of time." — Cokie Roberts
7. "For me and my family personally, September 11 was a reminder that life is fleeting, impermanent, and uncertain. Therefore, we must make use of every moment and nurture it with affection, tenderness, beauty, creativity, and laughter." — Deepak Chopra
8. "If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." — Mother Teresa
9. "The American flag is the symbol of our freedom, national pride and history." — Mike Fitzpatrick
10. "We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey." — Kenji Miyazawa
11. "The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: their courage nerves a thousand living men." — Minot J. Savage
Images: Greg Shield/Unsplash; Getty