21 Concerts Every ‘90s Kid Went To Or Wanted To Go To
Are you a dyed-in-the-wool pop music fan? Were you born in the ‘80s or the early ‘90s? Do you enjoy live music? If you replied "Duh doye" to all three of those questions, then I would be down to bet a Furby, a Nano Baby, a pair of Moon Shoes, a Burger King Bart Simpson doll, a dozen holographic Pokémon cards, a tube full of pogs, and one of those gnarly metal pog slammers that you really, really, really, really want a zig-a-zig-ah. Er, wait. Let me try that again: I would bet all of those things that you, you pop music- and concert-loving '90s kid, wanted to go to and/or went to at least one live show in the '90s and/or early '00s. Which live show(s)? Oh, I am thrilled you asked.
Below you will find a list of '90s/'00s tours that should speak to all of my fellow pop music-obsessed '90s kids. Whether you attended all of the concerts included in this roundup*, one of the concerts, a few of the concerts, or none of the concerts, you *get* their power; these weren't just any tours, but The Pop Tours To Go To In The '90s And Early '00s.
Here are some of the pop concerts '90s kids wanted to be a part of:
1. The Spice Girls — The Spiceworld Tour
This one's a no-brainer.
2. TLC — The FanMail Tour
Oh, what have we here? One of the greatest groups of all time crushing it in concert? Great, grand, wonderful.
3. No Doubt – The Tragic Kingdom World Tour
Gwen Stefani has always been everything and she will always be everything. Full stop.
4. Hanson — The Albertane Tour
"MMMbop" stuck in your head now? You're welcome.
5. The Total Request Live Tour
The TRL Tour brought the fire in a big way: The goddesses of Destiny's Child were the headliners. But wait, there’s more: 3LW, Dream, Eve, Nelly, Jessica Simpson, and City High were on the bill, too.
(I couldn't find any footage of the TRL Tour, but I hope this Jam in the Park video makes up for it.)
6. New Kids on the Block — The Magic Summer Tour
This ad is the right stuff.
7. Janet Jackson — The Velvet Rope Tour
Don't mind Janet J. as she wipes the floor with every mortal within a two-mile radius.
8. *NSYNC — The No Strings Attached Tour
Tissue paper money, a gurney, a detachable stage, a Justin Timberlake beatbox break— this concert really had it all.
9. Britney Spears — The …Baby One More Time Tour
Those Skechers are my everything.
10. Madonna — The Drowned World Tour
<3 Queen Madge <3
11. Ricky Martin — The Livin’ La Vida Loca Tour
Just the best.
12. Backstreet Boys — The Into The Millennium Tour
13. Brandy — The Never Say Never World Tour
Not to be confused with the Justin Bieber tour.
14. Whitney Houston — The My Love Is Your Love World Tour
Chills on chills on chills.
15. Shania Twain — The Come On Over Tour
This tour does impress me much. (Sorry.)
16. Mariah Carey — The Daydream World Tour
17. Blink-182 — The Mark, Tom & Travis Show
The second half of this live album is a masterwork.
18. Céline Dion — The Let's Talk About Love Tour
This tour was *takes deep breath* titanic.
19. Britney Spears — The Oops! ...I Did It Again Tour
Yeah, yeah. It's another Britney Spears tour. But I couldn't not include both.
20. Janet Jackson — The janet. World Tour
Yeah, yeah. It's another Janet Jackson tour. But I couldn't not include both.
21. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles — TMNT Coming Out Of Their Shells
*If you were lucky enough to score tickets to all of these tours, I envy you on a very real level. Way to live the dream, buddy. Way to live the dream.