Prince George & Princess Charlotte's Big Canada Debut Will Make You Melt — PHOTOS
Whenever the royal family goes on a trip together, I find myself wondering why I never uprooted my life to the UK and applied to be their nanny. Not only do Prince William and Kate Middleton seem like they'd be great bosses — I mean, they're both soft spoken and down-to-earth given their station — but their kids are so impossibly cute that taking care of them would probably hardly feel like a job at all. Anyway, I apologize for my royal family career aspiration tangents. The point here is that Prince George and Princess Charlotte are visiting Canada with Prince William and Kate, and the realization of their cuteness has once again floated to the surface of my brain.
If you didn't know, the royals arrived in Canada on Saturday for, as the Associated Press points out an "eight-day trip [that] marks the first overseas jaunt for 1-year-old Charlotte." If the pictures of the family getting off the plane and meeting with the Canadian Prime Minister and government officers are any indication, that little girl looks like she handles flights way better than I do. Personally, I'm way more like Prince George, who, as the Daily Mail says, seemed "apprehensive" about getting off that plane.
Here are 13 pictures of Prince George and Princess Charlotte arriving in Canada with mom and dad that will make you positively melt:
1. When Prince George Waved To His Adoring Fans
As The Daily Mail explained, "...with a little gentle prompting from his father, Prince William."
2. When George Made Sure To Be Extra Careful About Walking Down A High Set Of Stairs
Heights terrify me too, bud. I feel you on that.
3. When Mom (Mum?) Said Something Funny
That's not the only reason Kate got on Prince George's level. As per The Daily Mail, "Kate tended to a somewhat shy Prince George. 'Are you OK?' she asked him as she crouched down to hold his hand..." *Wipes tear*
4. When Trudeau Tried To Do The Same But It Didn't Exactly Pan Out
On the bright side, I don't think the charismatic prime minister typically faces a lot of rejection. He can probably take it.
5. When Charlotte Decided She Didn't Want To Wait For Dinner
Can't blame the girl. Being hangry in front of Justin Trudeau isn't an ideal first impression, you know?
6. When Prince George Unknowingly Took This Epic Photo
I have a feeling we'll all be calling it "iconic" soon enough.
7. When Princess Charlotte Got So Excited By Something She Almost Pushed Kate Out Of The Way
There was a lot going on, it's understandable. Though, perhaps not the best practice of royal manners.
8. ...But It Could Just Be Because She Was Super Pumped To Meet Some Canadians
Honestly, that's what it looks like to me.
9. When Charlotte Helped Kate Make George More Comfortable
She was there for moral support, obviously. Well, that and the fact that she needs support to pretty much walk anywhere at this point in her life, so...
10. When Princess Charlotte Was Seriously Considering Something Kate Said
Looks like a vital convo about the logistics of touring, as People relays via the royals' spokesperson, "The bustling global city of Vancouver to the remote and beautiful Bella Bella."
11. When Prince George Looked On In Wonderment
He's just a little nugget in that huge plane doorway. The feels, man. The feels.
12. When Prince George Assessed The Situation At Hand
He seems like a truly pensive little dude. Probably trying to figure out how to tag along with his parents during the trip.
13. When Princess Charlotte Was Deep In Thought
Diplomacy isn't something they teach at the royal daycare just yet, I'm assuming.
Listen, I'm game for any kind of trip that gets us more pictures of these two cuties.