The future of Keeping Up With the Kardashians is allegedly on pause after Kim Kardashian was robbed and held at gunpoint in Paris over the weekend. According to Us Weekly, filming for KUWTK is "on hold indefinitely" and "no footage has been shot in the couple's apartment and family members have not shared their reactions on camera." Bustle has reached out to both Kardashian's rep and E! for comment but has not yet heard back. Update: On Thursday afternoon, an E! spokesperson released the following statement to Bustle:
Kim's well-being is our core focus right now. No decision has been made as to when production will resume.
Earlier: Suffice it to say, the seriousness of the robbery — and the access to the Kardashian family through their show and via social media — has certainly called privacy concerns into account. Does this mean that KUWTK will be canceled?
It's a reasonable question, but one that is probably too soon to answer. After all, it hasn't even been a week since the robbery — but in its aftermath, it's clear that the family is taking every safety precaution they can. This includes Kardashian, Kanye West, and Kris Jenner arriving in New York with approximately "15-20 bodyguards," as TMZ reported at the time. The Kardashian-West family is also focused on being with each other: So much so that West has postponed several of his upcoming tour dates and Kardashian is taking some time off to recover from the horrifying ordeal.
"She has canceled everything for the next several weeks and will not be working," an insider told Us. "She feels safer in L.A. and wants to be home with her family."
A rep for Kardashian previously confirmed to Bustle that KUWTK was not filming while Kardashian was in France.
"They were not shooting in Paris," the rep said.
The Kardashian family has reportedly been filming season 13 of their hit reality show since August, and I imagine the family will continue (or at least reassess) after more time has passed since the robbery. Considering the reality show is essentially the entire family's bread and butter — though many of them have gone on to achieve fame and success in their various business ventures — I imagine they would still continue to film, though perhaps with more caution in regards to identifiable locations and jewelry in light of the robbery. In fact, Kardashian is already reportedly cutting down on her social media usage.
While the robbery had to be enormously terrifying (Kardashian allegedly feared for her life and thought she would be raped), it might be a healthy move to continue on with life — and filming — as normal. If that's what Kardashian wants, of course.