16 Photos Of The Backstreet Boys That Will Make You Question Your Adolescent Choices
Oh, the '90s. A time when I was much too caught up in raiding Claire's or shining my Walkman on a daily basis. And, when I didn't have my hands full with those two very important activities, I was busy defending pop royalty known as the Backstreet Boys. If there was a test of running home from school to see the latest Backstreet Boys music video on TRL , I passed with flying colors. Because BSB wasn't just a band. It was a lifestyle. It was the beacon of hope that one of them could be my future husband. It was everything. But perhaps I was too enthralled with these pastimes to actually take a deep, hard look at the men I drooled over so much. Looking at pictures of the Backstreet Boys from their golden days leave me with a lot of questions today.
It may be hard to hear, but Nick Carter, Kevin Richardson, A.J. McLean, Brian Littrell, and Howie Dorough made some super questionable life choices that are heavily-illuminated in 2016. They're now making me rethink everything I've come to learn about life and my own existence. And no one is safe from this awakening. Whether you preferred the wholesome type like Brani, the bad boy A.J., or the underdog Howie, all five men are guilty of making irreparable choices that the masses may never be able to recover from when looking back now. You've been warned.
1. They Wore Very, Very Shiny Coats
I don't know what they'd be hiding under there besides what I assumed was my future love and affection. Then again, the glare is so bright, I could hardly see.
2. This Head-To-Toe Travesty Howie Wore Once
I wish I could find it in myself to even have a word for this oversized car wreck of a getup, but I don't.
3. When A.J. Paired A Tablecloth With A Cowboy Hat
At least he had the choker trend on point.
4. And Brian Was Way Too Fond Of The Zebra
No zebras were harmed in the making of this horrible shirt.
5. The Time Nick's Hair Was Doing This
Not only did he avoid fixing it, but he probably hired a hairstylist to do this on purpose.
6. No One Told Them These Trench Coats Are Creepy
These very long, very bulk-material trench coats...
7. The Day Nick Was Way Too Proud Of This Hat
That overconfidence does not, and should not, match that accessory.
8. When Their Love Of Bad Coats & Bad Hats Combined
And formed this matching mess of white.
9. But Kevin Didn't Give It Up
He really loved that fedora.
10. Graphic Tees Were Taken To The Nth Degree
I'm not even sure this was that long ago, TBH.
11. Nick's Hair Though
I almost feel bad for it now.
12. An Explosion Of Halloween-Gone-Wrong
And to think this was my favorite holiday once.
13. They Even Tried To Distract Us From Howie's Pants
And you know what? It worked like a charm.
14. This Artistically Interesting Coat That Howie Wore
The others tried, but couldn't quite amount.
15. Their Wardrobe Was Truly A Means Of Self-Expression
At least I hope that's what this was.
16. Long Live Oversized Pants & Shirts
If there was one thing they wanted to get across, it was the above statement.
They say love is blind, and I can now confirm that is in fact true. Excuse me as I continue cringing for the rest of my day.