Between watching our favorite shows in half hour to an hour long installments once a week to looking them up online to watch around our own busy schedules, it's easy to forget that all of that time adds up. If your idea of too much television is that rare occasion when you decide to marathon a whole series from start to finish and then emerge from your Batcave exhausted, sore, and confused as to when the sun went down, think again. A new website has cropped up to reveal your shame by calculating exactly how much time you spend watching TV.
The website also allows you to narrow your viewership down to the amount of seasons you've gotten all the way through, to keep things fair. And, as if the amount of time you spend watching one show isn't high enough, you can collect all your TV shows together for an overall score on exactly how much of you're life you're wasting following the lives of fictional characters.
So what's the damage on your favorite shows? If you're up-to-date on these shows, here's how many days you'll never get back:
- The Walking Dead: 1 Day, 14 Hours, 15 Minutes
- How I Met Your Mother: 4 Days, 7 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Once Upon a Time: 2 Days, 18 Hours, 0 Minutes
- The Mindy Project: 0 Days, 23 Hours, 0 Minutes
- Friday Night Lights: 3 Days, 4 Hours, 0 Minutes
- Pretty Little Liars: 4 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes
- Veronica Mars: 2 Days, 16 Hours, 0 Minutes
- The Bachelor: 7 Days, 13 Minutes, 0 Minutes
- Game of Thrones: 1 Day, 9 Hours, 20 Minutes
- Breaking Bad: 2 Days, 14 Hours, 0 Minutes
And if you happen to watch or have watched all of these shows, then you've spent a grand total of thirty days, twenty-three hours, and 5 minutes of your life doing so — so far. An entire month lying on your couch or bed with your eyes glued to your television set or computer screen. How did that happen?
Whether that's a reason to be ashamed or a reason to be impressed really depends on the sort of person you are. Regardless, those are days (or hours) of your life that you're not getting back.