While everyone else is worrying about basting the turkey and not burning pies for Thanksgiving, the shopaholics of the world are already counting down the hours until they can hit the stores for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether it be in person and online. If you're one of those people, going over these shopping quotes to get you ready for Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the perfect way to prepare — because you have a long couple of days of crowds and checkout lines ahead of you.
Whether you're fighting the crowds for the best deals on holiday gifts, or drinking wine on the couch and finally hitting "Purchase" on your online shopping cart, the many post-Thanksgiving sales in our future are the real things to be grateful for after the holiday. They give us all a chance to find the perfect present for your loved one at a price you can actually pay. They give you an excuse to buy yourself a little something, because you not only deserve to treat yourself, but you can afford to treat yourself. They give you an entire weekend devoted to your favorite past-time: shopping, shopping, and more shopping.Set your alarm for late-night store hours, make sure you have the discount codes for every online deal, and, if that's not enough to get you ready for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, these quotes about shopping will be. Good luck, and may the deals be ever in your favor.
1. “A man will never love you or treat you as well as a store. If a man doesn’t fit, you can’t exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater. And a store always smells good. A store can awaken a lust for things you never even knew you needed. And when your fingers first grasp those shiny, new bags…” ― Sophie Kinsella, Confessions of a Shopaholic
2. "Whoever said that money can't buy happiness, simply didn't know where to go shopping." — Bo Derek
3. “Fashion is the most powerful art there is. It’s movement, design, and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we’d like to be.” — Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl
4. "I think that when you're really stressed out and can't face reality, you shop." — Rachel Zoe
5. "Shopping is my cardio." — Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
6. “Fashion has two purposes: comfort and love. Beauty comes when fashion succeeds.” ― Coco Chanel
7. "Treat yo self." — Tom And Donna, Parks and Recreation
8. "Thrift shopping is really just an extension of me being that same kid and going into a place that's completely unconventional that has really endless possibilities in terms of outfits that you can put together and really just expressing yourself." — Macklemore
9. "Happiness is not in money, but in shopping." — Marilyn Monroe
10. "Just go in and try things on... things you may even think, 'I would never wear that.' Give yourself that freedom."— Vera Wang
11. “Buy what you don’t have yet, or what you really want, which can be mixed with what you already own. Buy only because something excites you, not just for the simple act of shopping.” ― Karl Lagerfeld
12. "Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice." — Dave Barry
13. "I shop, therefore I am." — Heather Chandler, Heathers
Images: Jeff Sheldon/Unsplash; Giphy (7)