Did Kim Kardashian Make Anna Wintour Smile? No, She Was Just Laughing At North’s Drool — PHOTOS
It's been made very clear that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Vogue cover was a choice made by the magazine, not through begging or scheming, and Vogue 's Grace Coddington has revealed that it was her idea, not editor-in-chief Anna Wintour's. But this does not mean that Kardashian and West did not meet personally with Wintour and that's been made very clear through a recent Instagram photo from Wintour. Hahaha! Just kidding! It's from Kardashian. Duh! Kim Kardashian posted a photo of Anna Wintour, herself, and North West all having lunch together on the day she found out she would be on the cover of Vogue. Yes, contrary to popular belief, when you land the cover of Vogue you don't receive a note card delivered by a silent henchman that says, "You are chosen. -A.W."
Kardashian captioned the pic, "#TBT when Anna met North! Oh and told us about our Vogue shoot! #BestDayEver #Vogue #NorthOnlyPayingAttentionToHerDaddyTakingThePic."
The most surprising thing about the photo is Wintour's smile. (Okay, and the fact that she's eating what appears to be a giant plate of schnitzel. I didn't place Anna Wintour as the fried meat eating type and for that I apologize.) Not only is Wintour smiling, but she's smiling with her teeth showing! Both Kardashian and Wintour are extremely easily stereotyped and based on those stereotypes, you would probably think a meeting between them would be filled with awkward silences and Kardashian trying to hold back her shock when Wintour mentions she's never heard of Keeping Up with the Kardashians (and Wintour not eating schnitzel). The truth is, these two aren't really caricatures and were able to find some common ground.
So what the heck were they talking about?
- Kardashian admitted that she wished she was brave enough to wear sunglasses indoors like Wintour. "It would make my life so much easier."
- West had just gotten the iPhone 5S and couldn't figure out how to get the camera to work, so they had one of those "No, don't look at me. Look candid." moments.
- Kardashian was expressing her excitement about Vogue, but Wintour was distracted watching North drool all over her coat.
- "Can you believe Kanye ordered a Bellini?" said Kardashian. Anna replied,"I know that's, like, soooo random."
- They were talking about Rob's sock line. It brings a smile to anyone's face.
- Wintour shared some thoughtful parenting advice and they were bonding over raising infants.
- They were laughing about the fact that no one will ever be able to find out the true location of the Kimye wedding.
- Kardashian said she wants to be like Wintour when she grows up and Wintour didn't know how to respond besides remaining silent and smiling.
- They were just chit-chatting about random stuff like the weather and trips to Paris and "them Yankees." They're smiling because, like anyone else, that's what you do when your at lunch with an acquaintance.
Only the people in the background of the photo could really know what they're talking about, but they probably signed agreements saying they would never speak of this lest the Vogue news get out early, so Kardashian and Wintour's true conversation will forever remain a secret.
Image: Kim Kardashian/Instagram