Target Taps Joseph Altuzarra For Its Next Designer Collaboration — Here are 9 Celeb Looks I'd Love to See Him Recreate
Uh oh, Alexander Wang x H&M, it looks like you have some stiff competition on the horizon. And it’s all thanks to Target’s newest collaboration with boy-genius Joseph Altuzarra, who will join the ranks of Peter Pilotto, Phillip Lim, and Prabal Gurung in designing an exclusive line for the popular retailer.
According to Target-run blog A Bullseye View, the limited-edition fall collection will hit stores and Target.com on September 14 and consist of nearly 50 pieces that include everything from ready-to-wear designs and lingerie to accessories and footwear. The best part? The collection — a portion of which will also be available on NET-A-PORTER.com — will range from $17.99 to $89.99.
With his feminine elegance and refined sense of style, it’s no wonder everyone from Emmy Rossum and Naomi Watts to Allison Williams and Nicole Kidman are huge fans of the CFDA award–winning designer. And though there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that his Target collaboration will be full of amazing, graceful, and oh-so-chic pieces, there are quite a few Altuzarra looks from red carpets past that I think we'd all be ecstatic to see serve as inspiration for the upcoming collection. Here are just nine of them:
1. Nicole Kidman's little white dress at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival
Altuzarra's latest and greatest to hit the red carpet was a total stunner — and the perfect work-meets-play, minimalist dress for practically every season.
2. Michelle Monaghan's sexy leather number from the 2014 Met Gala
With its perfect draping, plunging neckline, and rock-n-roll fringe, this gown was sexy, chic, and edgy all at once.
3. Emmy Rossum's body-hugging sheath dress at the Nymphomanic: Volume I screening in New York City
This is what they mean by "power dressing."
4. Lupita Nyong'o's minimalist wrap dress at the 2014 LAFCA Awards
Because let's be serious: What lady doesn't want to dress like Lupita?
5. Elizabeth Olsen's draped dress and metallic blazer at a 2013 Oldboy screening
The only thing better than a gorgeously draped dress? A metallic silver boyfriend blazer, naturally.
6. Kate Upton's zippered dress at the 2013 Style Awards
From the structured shoulders and zipper detailing to the insanely sexy sheer panel, you couldn't ask for more in an LBD.
7. Allison Williams's dramatic gown from the 2013 Met Gala
Sure, there's a lot going on with this look, but you can't deny it makes for a total showstopper.
8. Kate Bosworth's embellished ensemble at the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards
Any dress with a side cutout, flared skirt, and built-in belly-dancing embellishments is a win in my book.
9. Lana Del Ray's embroidered gown at the 2012 Met Gala
We all need a little vampy glamour in our lives from time to time, no?