13 Reasons Bob and Linda Belcher Have The Best (Fictional) Marriage of All Time
Not only is Bob's Burgers one of the funniest shows on TV (if not the funniest), but its bizarre, unusually complex episodes routinely meditate on some pretty fundamental issues — namely, what it means to be a family — all while maintaining an impressively progressive, nontraditional slant. As Salon's Charlotte Jane puts it, Bob's Burgers "is a Trojan horse full of sexual progressivism and radical acceptance for trans prostitutes, hell-raising bikers, geriatric swingers, and awkward adolescent girls."
The humor (and heart) of Bob's Burgers derives from the characters' relationships, all of which are strange and full and intimate. One relationship, in particular, has managed to capture my vulnerable little heart: Linda and Bob. As a woman who has never given much thought to marriage, I can now confidently say that there is one thing I want in this world, and that is to have a marriage like Linda and Bob's. Here are 13 reasons why Linda and Bob have the best marriage, ever.
1. THEY SHARE PARENTING RESPONSIBILITIES EQUALLY
Or as Linda puts it, "Raising you kids is a two parent, two-bottles-of-wine-a-night kind of job."
2. AND IT'S NEVER EASY — THE BELCHER CHILDREN ARE COMPLICATED AND DIFFICULT
3. THEY HAVE SEX WHEN THEY CAN
4. THEY COMMUNICATE
5. THEY EMBARRASS EACH OTHER
6. THEY'RE PATIENT
7. THEY'RE DISGUSTING AND IT'S FINE
8. THEY KEEP THINGS INTERESTING
9. THEY VALUE THEIR ALONE TIME
10. THEY STAND-UP FOR EACH OTHER
11. THEY'VE SEEN EACH OTHER THROUGH TOUGH TIMES
12. THEY DRINK TOGETHER
13. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THEY'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR CREATING THE WEIRDEST, MOST ADORABLE FAMILY ON TELEVISION