Taylor Swift loves to dance. If you were watching Sunday night's VMAs, it's highly likely that you saw Taylor Swift as she grooved along to her favorite pop star's songs throughout the evening. Of course, just last week she gave us a lesson in the awkward twerk via "Shake It Off," and her dance moves can't stop, won't stop, for better or for worse.
It seems only fitting when a celebrity is constantly dancing to make a formal, structured dance out of all of her signature moves. And what better way to honor Swift's moves than with a line dance? You may ask, "why a line dance?" Well, line dances are very, very Swift-esque in a variety of ways, including:
- They are great for parties. Taylor Swift loves parties.
- They are a great way to organize swaths of people...i nto a line. This is perfect for all of her fans.
- They are a great way for people who can't dance to be able to pretend to dance.
- They are very, very easy.
- The lyrics to the line songs don't even have to make sense!
Ladies and gentleman, if you thought your parties were complete with The Cotton Eye Joe, The Cha-Cha Slide, The Electric Slide, and The Macarena, pshaw. Behold — let's do The Taylor Swift.
Put Your Hands On Your Hips
Walk It Out
Work Those Shoulders
Get Down, Get Down
Turn To The Left
Do It Again. Hands On Your Hips!
Try it at a party! With friends! Or alone! Or teach the delivery dude! I did this in my apartment. It works.