When Is 'Mockingjay — Part 1' Available on DVD? Pre-Orders For the Latest 'Hunger Games' Movie Are Happening Now
If you saw The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 in the past two weeks, your mind is probably still reeling with questions about everything Katniss did. Until next November, we won't be able to find out what happens next, so the best way to cope until then is to listen to Jennifer Lawrence singing "The Hanging Tree" and pre-ordering Mockingjay on DVD. Even though the film just hit theaters and there is no release date for when you can take it home, plenty of stores are offering great deals if you put some blind faith in now.As we approach the actual release of the film — which should be in about four months, based on Catching Fire being in theaters in Nov. 2013 and on DVD in March 2014 — we'll find out more about the exciting extras and bonus features, which will hopefully include bloopers. Since Lawrence said that she cried while filming her singing scene, there's a chance that could make the extras, but the idea of watching J.Law cry is pretty awful. What we'd rather have is her goofing around with her costars on set — especially her very attractive best friend Liam Hemsworth. Check out all of your pre-order options below, and take advantage of some Cyber Week deals while you still can.
- Target: In addition to a standard DVD and Blu-ray, Target's exclusive edition includes a Mockingjay fabric poster and 45 minutes of "features not available anywhere else." This three-disc version costs $25.99 and has a DVD, Blu-ray, and digital copy.
- Amazon: You can buy three versions of Mockingjay on Amazon: DVD ($17.99), Blu-ray ($24.99), and a digital version ($14.99).
- iTunes: If you want to go all-digital, buy Mockingjay on iTunes in HD ($19.99) or SD ($14.99).
- Best Buy: Best Buy also has an exclusive version of Mockingjay . The features aren't available yet, but there is a SteelBook Blu-ray (a.k.a. a fancy metal cover) for $24.99. Regular Blu-ray ($24.99) and DVD ($17.99) are also available, and all three come with a digital copy.
- Walmart: Walmart has Mockingjay on DVD ($19.96), Blu-ray ($24.99), and three-disc ($29.96). All three come with a digital copy, too.