As humans, we've always been drawn to ponder the most unanswerable questions that we can think up, and the future manages to trump every possible question with the giant question mark that it represents. Engaging in the philosophical is to engage in the unknown, and 2015 is most certainly that. But with the unknown comes the possibility of great things, and subsequently, the chance of a brighter tomorrow. Fear of the unknown is natural, but the courage to overcome that fear is something worth going after.
It's time to bid 2014 adieu, and welcome whatever 2015 may bring. Till next year, everyone!
1. “For last year's words belong to last year's languageAnd next year's words await another voice.And to make an end is to make a beginning." — T.S. Eliot
2. “May the New Year bring you courage to break your resolutions early! My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue, so that I triumph even when I fall!” — Aleister Crowley
3. “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year." — Vern McLellan
4. "And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been." — Rainer Maria Rilke
5. "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." — Steven Spielberg
6. "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." — Carl Bard
7. “We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise we harden." — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
8. "Don't worry about being worried. You're heading out on an adventure and you can always change your mind along the way and try something else." — Tracy Kidder
9. "Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect." — Alan Cohen
10. "Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account." — Oscar Wilde
11. “The journey is the reward.” — Steve Jobs
12. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” — Henry Ford