It's been 2015 for close to two weeks now, and the shiny glittery hope we had as the ball dropped and we made all those amazing, wonderful New Year's resolutions is starting to fade. This is completely natural, and everyone is feeling the same way. We all hit the gym hardcore the first week, but now it's starting to get dull and exhausting. We all ate more veggies on New Year's Day, but have since returned to Nutella and French fries anytime hunger strikes. We all attempted that interesting creative hobby we'd been curious about for years, but now those tools and accessories have begun collecting dust.
This is when we need motivation the most. Not in the beginning of the year, because then we're all passing around the same high level of determined energy. Right now, we're all about ready to give up. But we can't, you guys! We need to not think about how much time is left in 2015, and break down our goals into smaller, more manageable steps. We need to reward ourselves at the first sign of progress in order to stay psyched enough to keep going. We need to listen to the wise words of the real and fictional folks below, because they have seen struggle and success, and they know exactly what you are feeling right now. Here are nine inspirational quotes to help you stay motivated.
1. "When I go hiking and I get over the hill, that means I'm past the hard part and there's a snack in my future. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned." — Ellen DeGeneres
2. "Sometimes the right thing and the hard thing are the same thing. I read that on a tea bag." — Liz Lemon
3. "I am Beyonce, always." — Michael Scott
And so are you, you beautiful sunflower.
4. “Sometimes you have to take destiny into your own hands. It forces you to think about what your strengths really are, and once you find them, you can showcase them, and no one can stop you.” — Mindy Kaling
5. “'I’m bored' is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say 'I’m bored.'” — Louis C.K.
6. "The goal is not to be perfect or to be right, because we're never either one of those things all the time." — Amy Poehler
7. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah
8. "Confidence lets you pull anything off, even Tevas with socks." — Lena Dunham
9. "My goal is to run to the moon." — Chris Traeger
So anything on your resolutions list is surely doable compared to this.
Image: Bridesmaids/Universal Pictures; Giphy (9)