Thursday is the night that we've all been waiting for... How To Get Away With Murder is back from the Season 1 winter hiatus, and you can bet that there will be no smooth transition back into the chaos that is interning for Annalise Keating. The drama that went down in the first half of the season was only the beginning — seriously, that was just setting us up for where we are now — so we are going to need a little aid for the second half of the season if we want to make it out alive (it's like, with this show that's not even a joke). Hence, my latest masterpiece: The HTGAWM drinking game.
Given that this show is hella dramatic — in a good way — and is arguably the pièce de résistance of #TGIT on ABC, it might be a good idea for us to liquor up to take it all in. Plus, if you've been drinking, the thought that all the illegal drams that goes down on HTGAWM might actually be happening in real life will settle a little better... or worse... Let's find out shall we?!
Supplies You'll Need:
- Vodka martini (Shonda Rhimes says this is Annalise is a vodka gal)
- Bottle of vodka (because, refills)
- A shot glass
Play your cards right and you can end up just like these drunk Bustle editors, trying to remember Season 1:
Take a Sip If...
- Wes looks around confused as hell.
- Someone says "murder."
- A flashback of Sam's murder occurs.
- The mood lighting is too dark to even make out what's happening on screen.
- Annalise writes ferociously on the chalkboard.
- Bonnie and Asher get screen time (#Basher forever).
- A presently dead person (Sam and Lila) is on the screen.
- There is a dramatic cut to commercial.
- You wonder what those scratch marks are on Wes' wall.
- You say or think, "Viola Davis is awesome."
Take a Gulp If...
- Connor smirks or does something sexy (girl, don't I know).
- Annalise yells at someone.
- Someone threatens to "go to the police."
- Asher does a dance or says something ridiculous (even though you love it).
- Wes is called "Waitlist."
- Annalise intimidates you through the screen.
- There is a bonfire flashback (double if they show the cheerleader's flying stunt).
Finish Your Drink If...
- You are pleasantly confused by the plot (because I love this show, but I have no clue what the hell is going on half the time).
- Annalise or an employee/student does something unethical.
- The students don't sit together in class (seriously, they're like each other's only "friends," why don't they sit together?).
- The name "bitch baby" is said.
- You think you've finally figured out who killed Lila.
Take a Shot If...
- You realize you were dead wrong about who killed Lila (no pun intended).
- The end of the episode has you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
- Annalise smiles.