Here's some happy Monday news! According to Twitter, February 9 is National Pizza Day. I feel really lost, because I don't understand why I'm just finding out about this now. As a truly devoted pizza lover, I feel like I have betrayed one of my ultimate food obsessions by not knowing that February 9th is the day we celebrate all of its cheesy goodness.
Well, I know now, so celebrate I will — with GIFs and real pizza, obviously. Everyone knows that pizza is one of the best foods out there. Once you combine melted cheese with a crispy crust, tomato sauce, and basically any topping of your choosing, it becomes sort of impossible for any other food to top that. The other amazing thing about pizza is that it's delicious no matter what time of day you eat it. You can eat pizza for lunch, dinner, as a midnight meal, as a hungover breakfast, or even as a giant snack when you're really feeling hungry. There is literally no wrong time to devour a pizza.
So it shouldn't need to be said that your dinner tonight is already decided: a gigantic pizza with all of the toppings you've ever dreamed of. There is no better day than today, National Pizza Day, to eat every slice you want without feeling an ounce of guilt. But before you do that, get yourself in the mood by reminding yourself, and everyone else, why pizza will always be your number one favorite food in the world... as if you could forget.
1. One word: CHEESE
2. The possibilities are endless
3. It's good no matter how you eat it
It's just as delicious cold as it is hot.
4. You don't need pesky utensils to get in between you and your food
Which is great, because we all know pesky utensils are the bane of man's existence.
5. Did we mention cheese?
The way the cheese gets all melted and sort of crispy is perfection, because cheese.
6. Pizza can be delivered right to your doorstep, unlike a lot of other foods
Can you expect any of your other friends to just drop by like that when you need them most?
7. Pizza is there for you at all times of the night, in some form
It's really your most dependable pal.
8. Pizza is always the life of the party
It is universally loved, meaning you can always suggest pizza as a food option no matter who you're hanging out with.
9. A slice of pizza usually goes hand-in-hand with delicious little garlic knots
And garlic knots are wonderful.
10. It's impossible to mess up pizza
Even when it's not at its best, like a frozen pie, pizza is still pretty damn good.
11. And just a reminder, cheese. Because it's there.
Seriously guys, cheese.
12. There's a pizza for every diet
With a few tweaks, pizza can be made to accommodate anyone: vegetarians, gluten-free eaters, lactose intolerant people, even vegans.
13. It's always available when you need it
No matter where you travel, there will more than likely be a place to get pizza somewhere, so it's the best safety food ever.
14. Making it on your own isn't even that hard
...especially when you have recipes like these.
15. And the cheese. Don't forget about the cheese.
Happy National Pizza Day, guys.