Watch These 2015 Oscar Movies Online Because Your Opinion Is Just As Important As The Academy's, Duh
Like many things in life, it's always easier to understand something once you've experienced it firsthand. Take Nutella, for example. I could tell you how amazingly delicious it is, but that wouldn't prove to be nearly as effective than if I'd just handed you a spoonful and let you taste it for yourself. See what I mean? Actual experience far outweighs hearsay. So when it comes to something as monumental as the 87th annual Academy Awards, it's important to be as "in the know" as possible, which in large part means actually having seen the films being nominated. Luckily, even now it's not too late, for you can easily watch several of the 2015 Oscar movies online over the course of this weekend.
Now, am I necessarily encouraging you to say inside all weekend and binge watch as many Oscar-nominated films as possible? Ummm, absolutely! (Have you felt how cold it is outside?) Plus, movie theater prices are just so insane these days. But thanks to the powers of the world wide web, some films are currently available for streaming, making you never even have to leave the comfort of your coach. You just have to know where to look:
- The Theory of Everything — Rent on iTunes or Google Play
- Boyhood — Rent on iTunes or Google Play
- Birdman — Rent on Rent on iTunes, Amazon or Google Play
- The Grand Budapest Hotel — Available on HBO GO
- Gone Girl — Rent on iTunes, Amazon or Google Play
- The Judge — Rent on iTunes, Amazon or Google Play
- Virunga — Available on Netflix
- Nightcrawler — Rent on iTunes or Google Play
- How To Train Your Dragon 2 — Rent on iTunes, Amazon or Google Play
- Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1 — Available on HBO GO
- Inherent Vice — Rent on Amazon
- Begin Again — Rent on iTunes, Amazon or Google Play
- Ida — Available on Netflix
- Guardians of the Galaxy — Rent on iTunes or Google Play
- Me and My Moulton — Watch for free here.
Now I know what you're thinking — how am I possibly supposed to watch all of these films in the course of only a few days? Let's just say that where there's a will, there's a way.
Create The Ideal Environment
That means getting comfy and settling in for a nice long weekend of moving around as little as possible. Pajamas are absolutely necessary as are a ton of sugary snacks and caffeine-related products. Sleep is the enemy, my friends. And every waking hour is crucial to your success.
Go Off The Grid
The key to success here is all about staying focused on the task at hand. You can't let something like social interactions cloud what's really important, and that's watching as many of these movies as quickly as possible. Priorities, people! Facebook and Twitter will have to wait.
Bring a Buddy
It's true when they say there's strength in numbers, people. So if you have a close friend who cares less about showering and more about celebrating Oscar-worthy performances then by all means, invite them over. Not only will this help motivate you to stay awake longer, but it also allows for some insightful critiquing of the movies you're watching. After all, two bingers are better than one!
All of this means nothing if you aren't dedicated — nay, obsessed — with everything involving TV, movies, and pop culture in general. It takes a truly committed person to tackle such an extensive list as this. So if your heart's not 100 percent into it, then you will undoubtedly fail.
God speed all you brave souls! Now on your mark… get set… binge!