'Game Of Thrones' Season 5 Teasers Reveal A Lot, Actually — VIDEOS
Just when we will finally be coming out of the depths of our winter misery, HBO will cover us once again in piles of snowy and icy tundras because come April 12, "Winter is coming." Well, Game of Thrones Season 5 is coming. The premium cable network has been releasing a series of clips that give viewers a glimpse into the upcoming season and the latest ones feature fan favorites Jon Snow and Brienne of Tarth. Surprisingly, Snow isn't crying, but he IS desperately trying to convince Mance Rayder to save his men. Meanwhile, Brienne curses the monstrous kings to whom she feels no allegiance. Then there's poor Podrick Payne, who was assigned to accompany Brienne and she essentially finds him of no use. But then again, she's Brienne of Tarth and she can do bad all by herself.
The clips are also shown through the lens of Greensight, a special prophetic power which allows Bran Stark to see into the past and future. The device reminds us that Bran is still very much involved in the story even though his character will not appear in Season 5. According to the showrunners, the adaptations have put Bran too far ahead in the story and he will be on hold for the upcoming season.
Let's take a look at everything we can gather about the highly-anticipated fifth season of Game of Thrones.
Jon Snow and Mance Rayder
- Jon Snow's accent is even MORE Northern than we all remember.
- Mance Rayder once had noble intentions to save those who could not save themselves.
- Those intentions now seem to be turning into something much more selfish.
- Mance Rayder gives zero f*cks about his pride.
- Or more likely, he's just faking out Jon Snow for another plot.
- Mance Rayder has a terrifying fish face.
Brienne of Tarth and Podrick Payne
- Brienne is battered down.
- Brienne remains the best character on the show.
- Brienne looks despondently at her own sword because she's either angry or ashamed of her state.
- Brienne's story is going to be more heavily featured as she goes off on her own.
- Podrick as terrified as always.