It's a sad day for Hollywood, and for movie fans across the globe. On Thursday, it was announced that movie great Christopher Lee had died at age 93, after suffering from respiratory problems and heart failure, according to The Hollywood Reporter. A legendary actor, Lee was perhaps best known for his iconic roles as a Bond villain in The Man With the Golden Gun and Saruman in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but his resume was long. His is a loss that'll surely be felt by pop culture fans everywhere.
Thanks to his incredible career, however, Lee's legacy will only to continue to grow over time. Whether it was through his years portraying the Middle Earth wizard in the Rings trilogy or his role as Count Dooku in Star Wars: Episode II, Lee was responsible for some of the most memorable moments and lines in movie history. Below, seven quotes from the late actor's film career bound to remind you just how talented a man he was, and what a hole there'll be in cinema now that he's gone:
1. "I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain."
One of The Fellowship of the Ring's most intense scenes, with both Lee and Ian McKellen giving it their all.
2. "I have good news for you, my lord. War has begun."
A perfectly creepy end to Attack of the Clones.
3. "It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber."
And a great battle was begun.
4. "We have only to remove those who oppose us."
So dark and ominous. I get chills just hearing it now.
5. "Twice the pride, double the fall."
So, so good.
6. "I only need one, Mr. Bond."
In response to Bond asking, "One bullet against my six?" Badass.
7. "Are you in need of assistance, my lady?"
And of course, from The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Sarumon reminding audiences why he was one of the coolest characters in the series. Strong, brilliant, mysterious, iconic — much like the late actor himself. We'll miss you, Christopher Lee.